Tulsi Gabbard Is Running For President In 2020- She is the first Hindu in Congress, as well as one of its first two first female combat veterans....
- Tulsi Gabbard, who is a Hindu although not of Indian descent, was re-elected to the House from Hawaii.
- Tulsi Gabbard- Janmashtami Message 2018.....................................................READ
- Mar 3, 2016: Tulsi Gabbard, the Hawaii Democrat who resigned a leadership post with the Democratic National Committee in order to endorse White House hopeful Bernie Sanders
- July 29, 2016: Tulsi nominates Bernie: .............................................................READ
- October 20, 2015; Tulsi Gabbard: This is an issue of free speech ....................READ
- June 19, 2015: Tulsi Gabbard Introduces Yoga Day .......................................READ
- May 08, 2015: Modi Congratulates Tulsi on Marriage .....................................READ
- April 09, 2015: Tulsi Gabbard Gets Married in a Vedic Ceremony in Hawaii ...READ
About Tulsi Gabbard:
Tulsi Gabbard is one of the first two female combat veterans to ever serve in the U.S. Congress, and also its first and only Hindu member. Days after being sworn in to her first term in Congress, Tulsi was selected to serve as vice-chair of the Democratic National Committee.
- Tulsi was elected in 2012 to the United States House of Representaties, serving Hawaii’s 2nd District.
- In 2010, Tulsi was elected to the Honolulu City Council, serving as Chair of the Safety, Economic Development, and Government Affairs Committee and Vice Chair of the Budget Committee.
- Tulsi served two tours of duty in the Middle East, and she continues her service in the Army National Guard as a Military Police Major. In between her two tours, Tulsi served in the U.S. Senate as a legislative aide to Senator Daniel Akaka (D-HI), where she advised him on energy independence, homeland security, the environment, and veteran issues.
- A year later, she joined the Hawai‘i Army National Guard to serve Hawai‘i and our country. In 2004, Tulsi volunteered to deploy with her fellow soldiers, becoming the first state official to voluntarily step down from public office to serve in a war zone.
- Tulsi was elected to the Hawai‘i State Legislature in 2002 when she was just 21 years old, becoming the youngest person ever elected in the state.
Tulsi Gabbard, the fourth of five children, spent her life growing up in beautiful Hawai‘i. As a teenager, she co-founded an environmental non-profit called Healthy Hawai’i Coalition, focused on educating children about protecting Hawaii’s environment.
- Gabbard was home-schooled through high school except for two years at a girls-only missionary academy in the Philippines
- In 2009, She graduated from Hawaii Pacific University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration
An advocate for environmental policy,Tulsi serves on the House Armed Services Committee and House Foreign Affairs Committee, where she is a strong advocate for veterans, our service members, and making smart strategic decisions that best secure our nation. Tulsi is working every day to make sure we have a sustainable economy that works for all families, with access to affordable health care, good jobs, and a quality Education
- Tulsi Gabbard was born on April 12, 1981, in Leloaloa, American Samoa, the fourth of five children. In 1983, when Gabbard was two years old, her family moved to Hawaii.
- Her father, Mike Gabbard, was born in Fagatogo, American Samoa, and became a naturalized citizen at age one. Mike Gabbard is of Samoan and European ancestry and an active lector at his Catholic church, but also enjoys practicing mantra meditation, including kirtan
- Her mother, Carol (Porter) Gabbard, was born in Decatur, Indiana. Carol (Porter) Gabbard is of European descent and a practicing Hindu.
- Tulsi fully embraced Hinduism as a teenager. Her siblings' names are Bhakti, Jai, Narayan, and Vrindavan.
her 2012 campaign, Gabbard has openly described herself as a Hindu. At her swearing-in ceremony in January 2013, she took the oath of office on the Bhagavad Gita, a Hindu scripture, and became the first Hindu in Congress.
She said, " I make the most of every opportunity I get to tell the world that Hawaii is a place where people live the dream of Martin Luther King — where a person is judged not by the color of their skin, ethnicity, or religion.Gabbard touted the character of Hawaii voters for choosing “a Vaishnava Hindu” to represent them in Congress."
Many Hindus have not felt they would be truly accepted for who they are, that they would have to change their religion.