NRI Rik Mehta pharmacist/attorney, Candidate for Senator New Jersey launches medicines campaign
Los Angeles, May 26, 2020
NRIpress.club/Ramesh/ A.Gary Singh Grewal
Mehta announces campaign to label drugs with country of origin
NRI Rik Mehta, Republican Senate candidate recently announced a plan to force drug manufacturers to label their products’ country of origin. Mehta, a pharmacist said:
- Americans have a right to know where their medicine comes from especially when nearly all other products are labeled with the country it was made in.
- I can look at products on my body, like my shirt and shoes and know exactly where it was made, but the same doesn’t hold true for things that go in our body, like our prescription drugs. That makes no sense.
- Chinese manufacturing of American drugs have nearly doubled while many American-based manufacturing plants shuttered, moving the manufacturing of essential medicines, like antibiotics, to foreign countries, India-West quoted the release.
- Currently, if the majority of the ingredients that go into making a drug come from China, but a secondary step was taken to mix or package the drug in another country, then the country where it was mixed or packaged (or in some cases the principal place of business), could be placed on the label even though China was the source of the ingredients.
- Under my 'Made in America' medicines plan, we will bring thousands of manufacturing jobs back to America, provide transparency in the medical supply chain, reduce the price of our prescription drugs and more importantly save lives.
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not require a drug's label to include the country where the ingredients originated from to make the drug.
These bizarre and conflicting laws and regulations that govern how to label products with their country of origin has allowed companies to profit from foreign drug manufacturing while hiding their supply chain from the American people for too long.
He also enforced against pharmaceutical companies taking millions of illegal prescription opioids off the market. Rik has deep expertise untangling the unnecessarily complicated regulations that make drugs expensive.
He is slso fighting against illegal immigration and Sanctuary Cities, an affordable, accessible healthcare system.
Rik Mehta strongly condemns Democrat Senators Cory Booker and Bob Menendez for cutting four New Jersey counties out of critical financial relief during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
- Speaking to Fox News’ Media Angle, Mehta discussed his unique background, the mainstream media, how he’ll campaign amid the coronavirus pandemic and why he thinks the people of New Jersey are sick and tired of Sen. Booker.
Mehta Receives Powerful Endorsement from Independent Truck Drivers. There are over 14,000 independent drivers registered to enter the port of New Jersey alone and 125,000 independent drivers around the nation comprising of more than two-thirds of all truck drivers in America.
Rik Mehta is a Pharmacist, Attorney, Biotech entrepreneur and Healthcare Expert:
Dr. Mehta has emerged as a top potential candidate for the U.S. Senate seat in 2020 because of his intimate knowledge of the issues that matter to New Jersey.
He is small businessman but as a advocate he is defending our Constitutional rights, an affordable, accessible putting healthcare system that’s built for generations to come, and building New Jersey’s economy for the future.
Rik is a co-founder and sits on the Board of two privately-held companies; Licentiam, Inc. and Lactiga Therapeutics.
- The first is a regulatory technology firm built to reduce paperwork burdens imposed on doctors by state governments.
- The latter is a biotherapeutics company developing novel, oral immunoglobulin treatments targeting rare diseases.
He is also the Principal of his own consulting firm, R&R Strategies, that helps companies navigate regulatory processes
He got his degrees as a pharmacist and lawyer from Rutgers University. He also got Pharm.D. from the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
Rik is married to his energetic wife Reema. He met at Rutgers School of Pharmacy, where they were married .
Reema is also an influential leader and scientist in her field. She is a former FDA official, and currently serves as Pfizer’s Head of Global Risk Management and Safety Surveillance Research.
She is a former FDA official, and currently serves as Pfizer’s Head of Global Risk Management and Safety Surveillance Research.
They currently reside in Morris County, Chester Township