Obama appoints NRI Deven J. Parekh to key post
Washington, Jan 14, 2015/ NRIpress-Club
Deven Parekh, who is a managing director at Insight Venture Partners since 2000, named to the Board of Overseas Private Investment Corporation. Deven received a BS in Economics from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
Deven serves as a Treasurer of the National Academy Museum. Mr. Parekh joined Insight Venture Partners in 2000. He is a Managing Director and Partner at Insight Venture Partners IV, L.P., Insight Venture Partners VI, L.P. and Insight Venture Partners V, L.P.
· 1992 to 1999: Parekh served as a Principal at Berenson & Company, Inc. (formerly, Berenson Minella & Company) ...
· Mr. Parekh served as an Executive Officer of The Blackstone Group L.P. where, he was involved in both its merger and acquisition advisory and private equity activities and from 1991 to 1992, he was a financial analyst for the Blackstone Group. Mr. Parekh serves as Chairman of eCommerce Industries, Inc., iParadigms, LLC and Campaign Monitor Pty Ltd.
· Mr. Parekh served as the Chairman of Publicolor from 2007 to 2012. He serves as a Director of Overseas Private Investment Corporation, eVestment Alliance, LLC, Publicolor, Hayneedle Inc., Kony, Inc., Kony Solutions, Inc., Seevast Corp., Syncsort Incorporated, ConnectCapital and SecureInfo Corporation.
· Mr. Parekh has been a Director of SR Labs, Inc. since January 9, 2013. He has been a Director of Newegg, Inc. since September 2005 and eCommerce Industries, Inc. since August 8, 2006. He is on the board of the Tisch MS Research Center of New York. Mr. Parekh has been a Media Board Observer of Buddy Media, Inc. since 2011.
· He serves as a Director at 360Buy, Twitter, Drillinginfo Inc., Despagar, Fanatics, and Drilling Info Holdings, Inc. Mr. Parekh is also a Member of the Board of Governors of the National Academy Museum. He is also a Member of the Board of the New York MS Research Center. He served as an Independent Director of Web.com Group, Inc (FKA Website Pros Inc.) from December 2003 to May 8, 2007.
· He served as a Director of Vertafore, Inc., Epic Advertising, Inc, Procuri, Inc., Realink Corporation, Webhelp SAS, Punch! Software, LLC, Kanoodle.com, Inc., Connexus Corporation (FKA Vendare Group) and Direct Revenue, LLC. He served as a Director of Chegg, Inc. Mr. Parekh served as a Director of MediaMind Technologies Inc. (alternately Eyeblaster Inc.) from January 2004 to July 26, 2011 and Exchange Applications, Inc. since March 2001.
· From 2010 to 2012, he served as a Member of the Advisory Board of the Export-Import Bank of the United States. Mr. Parekh has been a Member of the Technical Advisory Council of Federal Communications Commission since February 2011. He is a Member of the Council on Foreign Relations and the Economic Club of New York.
· In 2010, he was part of a United States delegation of several investors, government representatives and technology companies that visited Russia to explore investment and technology collaboration opportunities between the United States and Russia. He was listed in the Forbes Midas List of 2014.
· In 2006, Mr. Parekh was named as a Henry Crown Fellow of the Aspen Institute.