NRI Charged with murder of wife in Surrey, Canada
Vancouver, Jan 10, 2010
Kamaljit Singh Dhanoa, 33, Surrey, B.C., has been charged with the second-degree murder of his wife, Tejinder Kaur Dhanoa, 32 inside her Newton home.
Cpl. Dale Carr of the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team said:
- On Tuesday, a family member reported to RCMP thatTejinder Kaur Dhanoa woman was missing.
- The police went to the home of Tejinder Kaur Dhanoa at 1300-block of English Place, where she had lived with her husband Kamaljit Singh Dhanoa and two young children.
- The police found the body of Tejinder and the children wer not harmed
- The police learned that the missing woman had met with foul play
- The children had been placed in the care of other family members.
Kamaljit Singh Dhanoa will appear for an arraignment hearing on Jan. 13 in Surrey Provincial Court, BC.
While it is hard to come up with any explanation to describe why Kamaljit Singh Dhanoa was murdered. The desire to have power over women, predominantly, up to and including power of life and death, is disturbing.