Pankaj Udhas sensational Concert Thrilled Los Angeles NRIs
Los Angeles, May 12, 2012
A live music concert of Pankaj Udhas was held at the elegant Donald Wash Auditorium, 11271 Stanford Avenue, Garden Grove, California on Friday, May 11, 2012, at 7.30 p.m. It was an unforgettable performance by Pankaj Udhas and the accompanying artistes were Pallav Pandya (keyboard), Rajendra Singh on Violin, Nirmal Pawar (dhol), Nasir Qureshi Sajjad ( mandolin) and Ninad Mulaokar (flute).
Pankaj Udhas was born in Jetpur near Rajkot in Gujarat and is the youngest of three brothers. His eldest brother Manhar Udhas is a singer and his second elder brother Nirmal Udhas is also a well-known Ghazal Singer. His family moved to Mumbai, where he got a Bachelor of Science degree at Wilson College, and started training in Indian classical vocal under the tutelage of Master Navrang.
- In 1986, Pankaj won millions of hearts with his ever popular ‘Chitthi Aayi Hai’ from the movie Naam. This song struck a chord with every Indian living overseas and is still one of the most requested songs in concerts.
- Pankaj Udhas's older brother Manhar, was a stage performer and this aided Pankaj in his introduction to musical performance. His first stage performance was during the Sino-Indian War, when he sang "Aye Mere Watan Ke Logo"
- In 2006, Pankaj Udhas was awarded the Padma Shri, India's fourth highest civilian award
- In 1990, he sang the melodious duet "Mahiya Teri Kasam" with Lata Mangeshkar, for the movie Ghayal. This song achieved immense popularity. In 1994, Udhas sang the notable song, "Na Kajre Ki Dhar", from the film Mohra. He continued working as a playback singer, making some on-screen appearances in films such as Saajan, Yeh Dillagi, and Phir Teri Kahaani Yaad Aayee.
- His first ghazal album, Aahat, was released in 1980. From this, he attained his succeed and, as of 2011 he has released more then 50 albums and hundreds of compilation albums
- He has also performed as a playback singer for numerous films
Harshad Mody- the most popular entrepreneur and politician, Miss India Intl AP, Preity Uupala, Irfan Murtaza, Miss India Intl 2012 Neetu Gupta and Rashmi Shah of Shah Foundation
The organizer of this event, Rashmi Shah of Shah Foundation and Friendly Events, thanked Mayur Ganger of Sajni Entertainment of Chicago who has been bringing world class entertainment year after year to the audience in USA.
Rashmi Shah, Harshad Mody and Irfan Murtaza appreciate and thank Miss India Intl AP, Preity Uupala and Miss India Intl 2012 Neetu Gupta for coming to the event.