This past weekend at the Toronto Waterfront Marathon Fauja Singh, at 100-years of age, achieved his life-long dream. He became the oldest person and the first centenarian to ever finish a full marathon. To further add to his success, Mr. Singh broke world recorders for runners older than 100 in the 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m, 3000, and the 5000m distances.
- 2011: Elected to the House of Commons during the 2011 federal election
- Is special access given to Conservative candidate Parm Gill to assist people with obtaining visa into Canada......Click here
- 2006 Election: Lost to Lib. Judy Sgro
Parm Gill , Conservative, York West, Ontario
- 2011: Mr. Gill was first elected to the House of Commons during the 2011 federal election where he ran against the Liberal incumbent.
- In 2006 he began his candidacy in Brampton-Springdale. He has been involved in politics for many years with the desire to make a change in Canada.
- Born in India, Parm Gill was raised and educated
in Toronto from the age of 14, when he immigrated
with his family to Canada.
- Resides in Brampton with his wife Amarpal, his two sons, Raman and Daman, and his daughter Parmeet.
- Parm has been heavily involved in Brampton-Springdale through organizations such as the Peel Regional Police, Malaysian-Singapore Cultural Association and Canadian Eye Sight International.
- Parm has made significant contributions to Brampton through round-tables with our seniors, veterans, immigrants and business owners. Parm is excited and eager to begin serving his constituents as a member of the Government of Canada, under Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
- An OSSD Graduate, with a Diploma in Private
Investigation, Parmworked as a senior
vice-president of Paramount Manufacturing.