Founding Partners the City of Anaheim, Anekant Community Center, GBS Linens, Inc. and Remote Area Medical (RAM)
NRI Entrepreneurs and NRI Doctors Made a History-
RECORD BREAKING NINTH ANNUAL ANAHEIM HEALTH FAIR-
MORE THAN 2500 ATTEND 3-DAY EVENT!
Anaheim, California, June 1, 2015
Through the dynamic, collaborative efforts of the three Founding Anaheim Health Fair Partners – the City of Anaheim, GBS Linens, Inc. (GBS Linens), and Anekant Community Center, and new 2015 Presenting Partner Remote Area Medical (RAM) California, a “record breaking” Ninth Annual Free Anaheim Health Fair took place at the Anaheim Convention Center over the weekend (Friday, May 29 - Sunday, May 31, 2015). More than 2500 people attended this year’s event for their health and well-being!
The idea of bringing a “free” health fair to the City of Anaheim was first proposed in 2006 to Former Anaheim Mayor Pro Tem Harry Sidhu by Pravin Mody - Founder and Chairman of Anaheim-based GBS Linens, and Dr. Nitin Shah, Founding President of Anekant Community Center. This formed the groundwork for what has now become an important annual event in the City of Anaheim.
(Lto R} Pravin Mody, Founder and Chairman of Anaheim-based GBS Linens, Dr. Nitin Shah and local Doctor
Event Chair for this year’s health fair was once again Anaheim City Council Member Jordan Brandman.
During a Special Recognition Program emceed by Council Member Brandman, the following key partners and sponsors provided remarks:
· Founding Partner Dr. Nitin Shah of Anekant Community Center; Founding Partner and Grand Sponsor GBS Linens/Pravin Mody, who was accompanied by his wife Sudha, son-in-law and daughter, Ashesh and Sujata Kamdar, who are GBS Linen’s CEO & President, respectively; Event Presenting Partner RAM Founder & President Stan Brock, along with RAM California President Dr. Jim Keany; Platinum Sponsor and Grantor Masimo Foundation, represented by COO Anand Sampath; while Gold Sponsor Ed Gerber, Executive Director, Lestonnac Free Clinic, led the gathering in the Flag Salute.
· In the words of Founding Partner Dr. Nitin Shah: “Why do free health fairs? Because health is the best wealth one can ever have. And, why volunteer? Because that is what will lead you to real happiness - helping a stranger.”
· Founding Partner Pravin Mody of Anaheim-based Grand Sponsor GBS Linens shared the meaningful goals of providing such an event for those in need in the community and the importance of “giving back” in thanks for what one has achieved.
· Council Member Brandman expressed his thanks and appreciation to Dr. Shah, Pravin Mody, and Former Anaheim Mayor Pro Tem Sidhu “for their unified vision of establishing this Anaheim health fair.”
· And, Mayor Tom Tait emphasized the “kindness” of all who were participating in this meaningful community event.
Deepest appreciation is conveyed to RAM for joining in the effort and providing vision and dental care to the participants. They enabled the Founding Partners to move forward in organizing the Ninth Annual Anaheim Health Fair for three consecutive days. RAM representatives traveled from Knoxville, TN, with dental chairs and eye equipment to help people.
Other significant partners and sponsors who made this year’s event possible included:
· Platinum Sponsors - Agrawal Family Foundation and Drs. Ninna and Bharat Patel Foundation;
· Gold Sponsors - SAHARA nonprofit organization, Marriott Anaheim, Hilton Anaheim, FREEMAN, and ARAMARK;
· Silver Sponsors - Anaheim Public Utilities, Jean and Bill O’Connell, Orange County Water District, Sarva Mangal Family Trust, CARE Ambulance, Orin Abrams/THE CLUBHOUSE at Anaheim Hills Golf Course, KTGY, Watt Companies, SA Recycling, CalOptima, Turner Construction, Kaiser Permanente®, and Republic Services; Community Care Sponsors: Jain Center of Southern California, C2Reprographics, Yellow Cab of Greater Orange County, Big Saver Foods, PCI College, Brown Bag Brigade, Anaheim Ducks and Honda Center, Anaheim Resort Transportation, Walmart Neighborhood Market/Anaheim, Jay Bharat Restaurant, Hardin Automotive Group, Southern California Tamil Organization, Prominent Escrow Services, Mr. Vejubhai Lathiya, Mr. Navtar and Mrs. Nayana Patel, Buena Park Gurdwara, Kevin Patch/Smart City, Argus Lee/Ben’s Equity, Inc., West Coast University, Mr. Bhargav and Mrs. Anita Patel, Mr. Deepak and Mrs. Harsha Shah, Mr. Uka and Mrs. Nalini Solanki.
Volunteer coordinators and team leaders from the longstanding Anaheim Health Fair Group included: Founding Partners Dr. Nitin Shah and Pravin Mody; Kantilal Shah, Anekant Community Center President; Dipak Patel; Siva Subramanium; Deepak (DJ) Jhaveri; Arun Arya; Niranjan Bhatt; Bala Palanisamy; Karen Dennis; Subbu Shanmugham; Purnima Karia; Adhir Shah; Viren Shah; Dr. Ramesh Kothari; Kumar Natarajan; and Deepak and Harsha Shah. Volunteers who handled our Indian specialty food service section for all professional and non-medical volunteers at the event were: Khyati Jhaveri; Ramesh Jhaveri; Dhiren Mehta; Kinna Gandhi; Sadhana Patel; Kirti Patel; Adhir Shah; Prakash Shah; and Divya Shah.
Special thanks and appreciation to the dedicated Anaheim Convention Center staff, especially Special Event Mgr. Tamiko Tinker, and Anaheim City Mgr’s Office staff (Deputy City Mgr. Greg Garcia, Luke Smude, PIO Ruth Ruiz, and Council Member Brandman’s Senior Policy Aide Annie Mezzacappa) for their help in facilitating the event, and to the following groups that provided extensive volunteer assistance: UEI College - Anaheim; UCI Health Students; Concorde Career College; Lestonnac Free Clinic; Cerritos College; Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh; SoCal Sewa; ABC Adult School; West Coast University; American Career College; Socal Tamil Organization; and Jain Center of Southern California.
City of Anaheim special guests attending were: Interim City Mgr. Paul Emery; Interim Asst. City Mgr. Kristine Ridge; Deputy City Mgr. Greg Garcia; Convention Center, Sports & Entertainment Exec. Dir. Tom Morton; Fire Dept. Chief Randy Bruegman; Chief of Police Raul Quezada; City Atty. Michael Houston; City Clerk Linda Andal; Public Works Dir. Natalie Meeks; Finance Dir. Debbie Moreno; Planning Dr. David Belmer; Housing and Community Development Commissioners Fernando Dorado and Norma Kurtz, who was also representing Assemblyman Tom Daly
"I am pleased to once again have the honor of chairing the Anaheim Health Fair,” said Anaheim Council Member Jordan Brandman
ANAHEIM’S 9TH ANNUAL FREE HEALTH FAIR MAY 29-31 3-day event will offer complete dental and vision services and general health screenings to thousands!
ANAHEIM, CA - (April 22, 2015) - Through dynamic partnerships with Remote Area Medical (RAM) California, GBS Linens, Inc. and Anekant Community Center, along with invaluable community sponsorship support, Anaheim’s Ninth Annual FREE Health Fair is expanding to three days this year, increasing the opportunity for those in need to receive complete dental and vision services and general health screenings. The FREE three-day event will be held at the Anaheim Convention Center, Exhibit Hall E, from Thursday, May 29, through Sunday, May 31, 2015.
"I am pleased to once again have the honor of chairing the Anaheim Health Fair,” said Anaheim Council Member Jordan Brandman. “Through the City’s collaborative efforts with our founding partners GBS Linens, Inc. and Anekant Community Center, and new presenting partner RAM California, this remarkable event will be offered for three consecutive days. If you are in need of health care services, please attend.”
Event co-organizer Dr. Nitin Shah added, "Why offer free health screenings? Because health is the best wealth one can ever have."
“Remote Area Medical is committed to the health and well-being of all persons, which is why we are pleased to partner with the City of Anaheim this year with their annual free health fair,” said Chris Hall, Chief Operations Officer. “We are growing the health fair to a three-day weekend event and expanding services with more doctors and medical staff, vision services, and more dental chairs, all of which will serve thousands in need of health services.”
The FREE Anaheim Health Fair offers a great financial benefit and time-saver for individuals and busy families.
FREE SERVICES INCLUDE:
•Vision (exams and eyeglasses)
•Dental (cleanings, extractions, fillings)
•Physical exams (vitals and screenings)
•Checks for diabetes, cholesterol, bone density, and anemia
•Chiropractic and acupuncture services
•Bone marrow donor program
•Consultations with medical and surgical specialists
HEALTH FAIR SCHEDULE:
•Friday-Sunday, May 29-31
•Doors will open at 7 a.m.
•General medical services: From 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
•Vision and dental services: First come, first served