Balvir Singh of Surrey, BC, arrested when allegedly forcing a WestJet flight from Vancouver bound for Toronto to land in Winnipeg on Sunday.
NRI Balvir Singh of Surrey arrested in Winnipeg after lighting up on a plane
Vancouver, June. 19, 2020
NRIpress.club/Ramesh/ A.Gary Singh
- Balvir Singh, 60, B.C., lit a cigarette during the flight and refused to follow directions from the flight crew, including wearing a face mask.
Airline, WestJet flight 706 was diverted to Winnipeg around noon, where Balbir Singh was arrested by RCMP.
- WestJet said the flight refueled and continued on to Toronto.
WestJet Airline said:
- We sincerely apologized for the delay and interruption to our guests travel plans who were affected by the diversion and unfortunate situation.
- Blabir Singh has been charged with a number of offences, including mischief over $5,000, smoking onboard an aircraft.
- Three of the charges could result in fines up to $13,000 total.