San Ramon, California, Jan 10, 2020
Aparna Madireddi, resident of San Ramon for the past 22 years, announced her bid for the mayoral seat of California’s San Ramon town.
San Ramon is a city located 34 miles east of San Francisco, and within the San Ramon Valley. San Ramon’s population estimated as about 77,000 , making it the 4th largest city in Contra Costa County.
Madireddi made an unsuccessful bid for a seat on the San Ramon city council in 2018. She has served in several volunteer positions in San Ramon, situated in Northern California’s East Bay.
According to Ryan Degan of DanvilleSanRamon news media, she said:
- I stepped up to run for mayor because our city is at a critical point. We live in a different era where things are changing rapidly
- Policies and ideas that may have worked in the past will not pass the litmus test today, when it comes to effective governance. I want San Ramon to be fiscally smart and sound for decades to come
Aparna has a master’s degree in Geography and specialized in urban, rural, and human geography, including land use planning. Our daughter is an IT professional, and lives in Virginia.
- She and with her husband Venki founded IT Company in 1998
- She is also active with the local Democratic Party.
- She has served in several volunteer positions in San Ramon, situated in Northern California’s East Bay.
- She is currently the chair of the Open Space Advisory Committee, which prioritizes land at risk for development in the rapidly-growing town.