Bobby Jindal Endorses Texas Gov. Rick Perry for President
California, Sep. 12, 2011
Bobby Jindal, Louisiana Governor, today endorsed Texas Gov. Rick Perry for president, praising the candidate’s unmatched record of job creation, lower taxes and smaller government.
Gov. Jindal said:
In response to Bobby Jindal's endorsement, Rick Perry said:
- Rick Perry is the candidate who can lead our party to victory in 2012
- His record on job creation simply cannot be beat, and the one million jobs he’s helped create as governor is a stark contrast to the 2.4 million jobs lost on President Obama’s watch.
- Rick Perry will bring our country more than hope and he’ll get America working again
- I truly appreciate Gov. Jindal’s endorsement because he is a leader who knows what it takes to rebuild an economy and restore people’s confidence.
- His efforts to cut taxes and reduce unreasonable regulations are helping the Louisiana economy grow, and that is exactly what I aim to do for America
- We do not have to accept our current circumstances. We will change them. We are Americans.
- The change we seek will never emanate out of Washington, D.C. It will come from the windswept prairies of Middle America, the farms and factories across this great land, from the hearts and minds of the goodhearted Americans who will accept not a future that is less than our past…patriots who will not be consigned to a fate of less freedom in exchange for more government.
Rick Perry (The 47th governor of Texas) announced his candidacy for President of the United States on Aug. August 13, 2011.