Joe Biden in Presidential Election May Announce Running Mate
NRI Senator Kamala Harris as Vice President
Los Angeles, June30, 2020
NRIpress.club/Ramesh/ A.Gary Singh
Kamla Harris is considered one of the top contenders to be Biden’s running mate because:
- She abandoned her own 2020 bid in December.
- After the protests over the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis police custody, Biden has been under extra pressure to choose a woman as vice president.
- She is top law-enforcement official in the past and considered very helpful to the current issues of black people
- . She intended all along to help reform the criminal-justice system.
Mitch McConnell has put up a hollow policing bill to bait us into playing his political games.
We’re not here to play games. And I do not intend to be played.
Her biggest challenge is going to be that the climate and terrain has shifted over the past couple of years
She is one of several Black women Biden is considering, such as Congressional Black Caucus Chairwoman Karen Bass of California, Susan Rice, Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms and Georgia state House minority leader Stacey Abrams.
Now she is co-author of a police reform bill faced down Texas Republican Senator John Cornyn on the Senate floor last week.
“We cannot pull out a specific component of this bill and leave everything else in the garbage bin,” Harris said, in remarks that quickly went viral. “It’s like asking a mother, save one of your children and leave the others.”
She also attended a Black Lives Matter protest in front of the White House and launched attacks against President Donald Trump.
According to New York times, Miranda Devine said:
- Democrats are trying to hold on to their “monopoly of the black vote” while President Trump bids to court African-Americans. Devine also said Biden will choose a woman of color as vice president to help court black voters.
- “The fact that President Trump has quietly been wooing the black vote and doing quite well and I think that has been a real shock for the Democrats.
One time, Joe Biden made that almighty gaffe when he told a radio talk show host, a black talk show host, when you vote for Trump “you ain't black.” I think that was a real gaffe and was played down by the campaign.
In the past, Two women have been nominated to run for the office of Vice President: Sarah Palin by the Republican party in 2008 and Geraldine Ferraro by the Democratic party in 1984. Toni Nathan, the 1972 Libertarian candidate for Vice President, became the first woman to win an electoral vote when one Republican elector voted for her instead of for his party’s candidate.
What we do know is this: The United States still doesn’t have a female president, as it hasn’t for the last 227 years.
Bernie Sanders (D-VT) expressed doubt about a woman’s ability to win the presidential election is far from surprising. If Sanders raised this concern to Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) – something Warren confirmed, but he denies – he would join the company of many political elites, commentators, and voters who have perpetuated a falsehood about women’s capacity to succeed at the highest level of American politics……CAWP