NRI Entrepreneur & Engineer Arun Bhumitra's Announcement as Candidate for U.S. Senate
Arun was appointed to serve on Digital Economy
for President Trump until 2022
A top-two primary is on June 5, 2018. The general election is on November 6, 2018
Los Angeles, May 15, 2018
NRIpress.club-Ramesh/Vasu Pawar/ A.Gary Singh Grewal
The 2018 United States Senate election in California will take place on November 6, 2018, to elect a member of the United States Senate to represent the State of California. A top-two primary is on June 5, 2018. The Jaipur born, telecom entrepreneur Arun Bhumitra is in US Senate race from California.
After serving four US President's administrations, Arun Bhumitra challenged Dianne Feinstein for US senate seat from California.
- Most senates are responsible for debating and voting in new laws for their country, and usually represent a specific region and its citizens.
- Senators often form specialized committees to discuss specific issues.
Arun has served four US President's administrations, and was appointed to serve on Digital Economy
last month for President Trump, and his term expires in 2022.
- Arun Bhumitra is the President of City of Rolling Hills tennis and social club, and was recently elected Vice-Chair of Board of Governors for the Los Angeles County Museum of Natural History.
The 2nd largest cluster of museums, after the Smithsonian in Washington DC.
- California is the fifth largest economy in the world, and he foresees bilateral trade between the oldest and the largest democracy to increase to $500 billion. As a proven business owner, I bring institutional knowledge both domestic and internationally , to provide wisdom, experience and be pragmatic.
- His platform is jobs and economy first! Sensible gun control and immigration laws, lowering medical premiums, eliminating the gas tax, quality education for workforce of tomorrow and public safety, Equal Pay for Men and Women, Elimination of Terrorist Groups, Benefits for Seniors and those in Need from the Federal Government. Instead of new rules and regulations, he will like make awareness of existing rules and implementation
Bhumitra’s mechanical engineering background helps explain the intensity of his frustration with government’s systemic failures. It also helps explains why he was a California delegate pledged to Donald Trump at the recent Republican National Convention.
- In 1987, Bhumitra opened his first cell phone store. Arun and his brother Maxy, who lives in New York, own 200 cell phone stores with 800 employees in 18 states, plus a cell phone store in Brussels and a software company in Ireland.
- One morning he stopped in to see George Mavro, owner of Blue Salt Fish Grill on Artesia Boulevard in Redondo. Mavro recently opened a second Blue Salt Fish Grill in Arjay Plaza. It took six, frustrating months, largely because of Los Angeles County Health Department delays. As an example, Mavro was ordered by a health inspector to put a lock on an air conditioning unit. But the manufacturer said drilling holes for the lock would void the warranty.“This is one of the reasons I’m stepping back from opening new cell phone stores.
- I’m tired of fighting the county,” Bhumitra said. But real estate development brings its own set of bureaucratic challenges, Bhumitra noted. It took him six years to get a grading permit from the county for a single family spec home he built in Rolling Hills. The delays turned his anticipated $1 million profit into a $1 million loss.
- Bhumitra began stepping back from the family cell phone business to focus on real estate development in the South Bay, philanthropy and politics.
- Arun Bhumitra, a longtime Democrat and fundraiser turned Trumpite. According to OpenSecrets.com, Bhumitra has made nearly 100 political campaign contributions, most under $1,000. He switch to the GOP is largely due to President Donald Trump’s economic agenda......(As of https://easyreadernews.com/bhumitras-journey-indian-boarding-school-palos-verdes-prominence/)
Aune Bhumitra was born in Jaipur, the famous “Pink City” of northern India. Bhumitra was 14 years old only when his father died. His father had a good job at Indian Airlines. He has three brothers and mother who got financially destitute.
- Arun got his Mechanical Engineering Degree from Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology Nagpur, At age 25, Bhumitra was one of 7,000 applicants for five managerial positions at the newly formed Bombay Marine, which had a contract to build freighters for Qatar.
- In 1975, Arun immigrated to the U.S. They are four brothers — Arun, Maxy, Shelly and Vijay. His youngest brother Shelly was already in New Yor, who sells Mercedes in New York. Vijay exports pharmaceuticals from India — established Bishop Cotton School’s largest ever endowment fund, which provides scholarships to underprivileged students. The brothers also funded the school’s computer lab.
- Marina Bhumitra, his wife was a medical doctor. After completing her residency at Kent Oaks Medical School in Michigan she returned to New York for her psychiatry degree at Stony Brook Medical School on Long Island.
- In1979, he got MBA from Dowling College.
- In 1980, Bhumitra was recruited by Northrop to come to California. At Northrop, he designed tools for making parts for the F 18 fighter bomber while also becoming an associate professor at UCLA, where he taught tool making.
- In 1987, he stopped teaching and turned his attention to the newly emerging cell phone technology.
- In 1988, Bhumitra left a comfortable job for more promising future.
Arun Bhumitra strongly believes that politicians must be honest, patriot and devoted to the country. He also feels that America has given him so much that he is obliged to return. After years in business I understand how to channelize the demand and serve the community and state for the best.
" Politicians have the power and we need to change the politicians,” said Arun. "The Republican party is becoming more inclusive, opening to minorities and ethnic groups. As a candidate, I ask the voters to give me the opportunity to serve, just one term as your Senator by voting and electing me."
If elected, Arun Bhumitra would join Republicans Bobby Jindal, of Louisiana, and Nikki Haley, of South Carolina, as the U.S. Senator of Indian descent/NRI.
Connect with Arun Bhumitra at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .