UPDATED Sep. 28, 2020
NRI Puneet running for the Republican nomination for Lt. Governor of Virginia
Los Angeles, SEP. 28, 2020
NRIpress.club/Rana G. Singh/Gary Singh
A highly experienced lobbyist and international business advisor, Puneet Ahluwalia is running for the Republican nomination for Lt. Governor of Virginia. He said:
Virginia State needs a new leadership to attract investment, jobs, growth and wealth.
Virginia is in trouble right now, and we’re running out of time as Democrats offer the same old tired promises
His policy areas include energy, defense and infrastructure.
He was named to the Republican National Committee (RNC) Asian Pacific American Advisory Council. He currently serves as the First Vice Chairman of Fairfax County Republican Committee (FCRC). He leades FCRC’s Community Engagement Committee (CEC), which carry all inclusivity and grassroots efforts to various minority communities and business coalitions.
- He is a member of the Republican Party of Virginia (RPV) Asian American Advisory Council.
- He is a contributor to the Washington Times Newspaper, one of the oldest media outlets for conservative news in Washington Metropolitan area.
- He is also served as Chairman of Fife & Drum Club under Republican Party of Virginia (RPV) Chairman Ed Gillespie.
He serves as a Member of New World Strategies, LLC, a Government Relations firm, where he lead business development and growth opportunities for domestic and international companies. He guides clients in achieving their vision, goals and objectives in strategic areas including Energy, Defense, Cyber Security, Infrastructure, Transportation, Utilities, Information Technologies and Finance & Banking.
- He also serve as the Chairman of the Board of HummingBirds Consulting Company, LLC. It specializes in providing human capital and staff augmentation in the IT field and partners with emerging technologies to provide market access in the private sector as well as with federal and state agencies.
- He delivered the lecture at US State Department on “Decoding India”. This program is designed to coach and familiarize US Government employees with India’s diverse culture, customs and trade practices.
- He is also an active and core member of the US-India Security Forum (USISF). The organization highlights the importance of India as an ideal strategic partner to the United States. I am also a Board Member on the Northern Virginia Republican Business Forum (NVRBF)
Puneet Ahluwalia graduated from Delhi University in New Delhi, India. He is living in McLean, Virginia with his wife, Nadia, and his three beautiful children, Anya, Ammad and Anika.
Thru his company-New World Strategies, LLC., Puneet is also focused on expanding HummingBirds Consulting, LLC., an IT firm based in the DC area catering specifically to the Intelligence Community and the DoD within the US Government. As Chairman of the Board of this Woman Owned Small Business, Puneet supports every effort and relationship.
In 1999, he founded Loans & Mortgages, LLC. As President & CEO, he grew his company to an average of $400,000,000.00/year in mortgages and managed over 170 employees.
NRI Puneet Ahluwalia 'changed his mind', will NOT run Virginia House of Delegates
“Admitting that after the initial excitement and I have decided that not to run for Virginia House of Delegates at this time,” according to text message and telephone conversation with Mr. Puneet Ahluwalia, 6am PST dated February 08, 2017. “After discussing with family and business colleagues , I reconsidered my run for office and stepping down as the time commitment will be huge. I have decided not to run this time. Thanks for your trust and faith.”
- NRI Puneet Ahluwalia, Fairfax Republican, plans to challenge incumbent Del. Kathleen Murphy (D) in this November's House of Delegates 34th District race
- The 34th District, which runs along the Potomac River and covers portions of Fairfax and Loudoun counties, has been a closely contested race in recent cycles. Republican Craig Parisot lost to Murphy by 188 votes out of more than 21,000 cast in the 2015 election. One year earlier, in the special election to fill the seat after Barbara Comstock's election to Congress, Parisot lost to Murphy by 326 votes out of roughly 12,500.
Indian-American to run for Virginia House of Delegates
Washington, Feb 3, 2017
Indian-American Republican leader from Virginia Puneet Ahluwalia is contesting for the state's House of Delegates for the 34th district against the incumbent Kathleen Murphy.
Ahluwalia, 10th District Representative on the Virginia Republican State Central Committee, served as a financial chair of the Asian American presidential inaugural ball in January, American Bazaar online reported on Friday.
"The success of our community demands us to be active and participate in mainstream politics. It is our responsibility to strengthen the diversity of our nation," he said.
"... We should be supporting President Trump and Republican leadership in creating and promoting American jobs with strong emphasis on balanced trade between US-Indo Pacific Region."
"We should not lose focus on eradicating terrorism and enemies of democracies," he added.
Ahluwalia said that he would work to strengthen the Republican Party's base in Virginia, among other things.
"We will watch our allies' back and it is important that communities, including the Indian-American community that has benefited most from this great nation, play a pivotal role in the revival process. I had a choice but I chose to stand up and participate in the political process and serve the public of 34th district," Ahluwalia said.
"Our nation is at a crossroad where we will take new positive direction as we embark on a journey to make our nation stronger."
He added: "I have the support of my wife, kids and friends, and supporters and very importantly the leadership of the Republican Party, especially Barbara Comstock."
A Delhi Public School (DPS) alumni, Ahluwalia heads consultancy and IT
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump appointed Puneet Ahluwalia, Virginia to his Asian Pacific American Advisory Committee.
Los Angeles, SEP. 25, 2016
NRIpress.club/Rana G. Singh/Gary Singh
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has appointed over 30 Asian Pacific American Advisory Committee members including FOUR NRIs - Shalabh Kumar from Illinois, K V Kumar from California , Puneet Ahluwalia from Virginia and Harry Walia from Florida to discuss growing concerns over educational opportunities, employment and the economy.
Puneet Ahluwalia is participating in the Virginia Republican Party for the last 17 years to strengthen the Virginia Republican Party statewide, county and local offices; promote free market, limited government, low tax and pro-business policies; and to create greater opportunities for South Asian and other minorities in the Virginia Republican Party, both as voters and as active participants in the Republican Party.