NRI (Modi Supporters) hold rallies in North America, against post-poll violence in West Bengal
NRI Supporter of Modi Groups carried Banners reading as:
'Hindu Lives Matter'---Hindu genocide, 'Mamata Stop Hindu Killing, --Stop Raping Hindus on Twitter
Los Angeles, May 10, 2021
NRIpress.club/Ramesh/ A.Gary Singh
NRIs BJP supporters has alleged that the BJP has claimed 14 of its party workers have been killed, whereas the TMC has said that four of its supporters lost their lives.
Chief Minister Banerjee had earlier asked people to show restraint and not be involved in any form of violence:
- While appealing for calm across party lines, however, Banerjee pointed out until her new government is sworn-in the responsibility of law and order does not rest with them, and it is for the Central forces stationed in the state to act.
- We know that the BJP and central forces had tortured people.
- The political heat sometimes shot up. But even then, I would urge all to maintain peace and not to resort to violence.
- If there are any allegations approach the police. Till we take oath law and order is not in our hand. I am not vindictive. But despite the defeat BJP is still torturing people.
While Ms. Banerjee claimed that the violence was widespread in areas where the BJP has won in Assembly polls, BJP president J.P. Nadda has called it “State-sponsored violence”.
Subhapratim Roychowdhury of civil rights and research collective group AAMRA ,who has prepared many fact-finding reports of violence including incidents of communal riots, said the administration calling certain posts fake is a welcome development but only one side of the story.
Even after Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee appealed for peace, announced compensation for those who died and the Union Home Ministry sent a team to take stock of the situation, a string of posts and videos, including fake ones, have surfaced on different social media platforms.
Five days after the results of Assembly polls, the Kolkata police from its official Twitter handle urged people to report fake news.
· Over the past couple of days, the official handles of Kolkata police and West Bengal police have been busy sifting information relating to violence.
· Social media posts by verified Delhi-based handles about BJP polling agents allegedly being raped in Birbhum were called out as fake by West Bengal police as early as May 4.
· In another instance on May 6, the Kolkata police busted another fake post in which a pro-BJP handle claimed that a party worker Mainak Moitra was killed in Sitalkuchi.
· Kolkata police said that legal action is being taken in this regard.
· The West Bengal Police Criminal Investigation Department has arrested a youth from Deganga in North 24 Parganas for spreading fake information and attributing it to post election violence
· Police officials admit that they are constrained to act in many cases, as the handles peddling the misinformation are operated by people outside the State.
There can be no denial that post-poll violence is happening in the State. The Chief Minister has herself come forward, appealed for peace and announcing compensation is the biggest proof,” Biswanath Chakraborty, political observer, said.
Hindustan Times quoted Banerjee as saying, who accused the BJP of “spreading lies using old pictures of riots that did not take place in Bengal”.
Hindu News Paper: According to this news paper:
- Kapil Mishra is an Indian politician from Delhi. Before joining the Bharatiya Janata Party in 2019, Mishra was an Aam Aadmi Party MLA representing Karawal Nagar in the Sixth Legislative Assembly of Delhi. He took his oath in Sanskrit
India Express: 04th April 2021
PM Modi insulting women of Bengal by mockingly addressing Mamata Banerjee
- KOLKATA: Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘’Didi-O-Didi’’ remark while attacking West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee has become Trinamool Congress’s political tool to woo the women voters in the state who form 49 per cent of the total 7.2 crore electorates. The TMC on Sunday alleged the remark not only humiliated Mamata but also insulted Bengal’s women.
- Mamata Banerjee steps up pressure on PM Modi with third letter
- Mamata’s non-stop letter-bomb targeting the BJP-led Centre is said to be part of her efforts to counter the saffron camp’s attack on the ruling TMC government.
The Centre is not paying any heed to the state’s request, the Bengal CM wrote, “Instead of allocating oxygen as per the requirement of West Bengal, Government of India has increased allocation of oxygen to other states, from the total production in West Bengal, during the last 10 days from 230 MT to 360 MT, keeping the allocation for West Bengal constant at 308 MT per day despite its requirement being of 550 MT per day.’’
- PM Modi Attacks Mamata Banerjee, Says 'Politics Crossed A Dangerous Limit Of Vengeance'
· Mamata Banerjee calls Modi ‘liar’ after he mocks her for calling BJP ‘outsider party’