6 NRIs, all Punjabis, were elected to Parliament of Ontario, Canada
Conservatives Win Big Majority in Ontario, Canada
Los Angeles, June 03, 2022
NRIpress.club/Ramesh/ A.Gary Singh
Progressive Conservatives (PC) won a supermajority in the legislature with 83 of 124 electoral districts. The party swept most of the seats in the suburbs around Toronto and in the southwestern and eastern regions of the province, which is home to about 15 million people.
The 2022 Ontario general election is being held on June 2, 2022, to elect Members of the Provincial Parliament to serve in the 43rd Parliament of Ontario. Douglas Robert Ford Jr. MPP is a Canadian businessman and politician who has served as the 26th and current premier of Ontario since June 2018 and leader of the Progressive Conservative Party
6 NRI (non-resident Indians), all Punjabis, were elected to Parliament in Canada's Ontario province, Canada .
- All the winners are from the ruling Progressive Conservative Party (PC) which retained its majority by winning 83 seats in the 124-member provincial Parliament.
Amarjot Sandhu came to Canada as an international student and pursued his studies in Ontario.
- Even before immigrating to Canada, Sandhu always had a passion for politics and advocacy.
- As a student in Canada, he founded the International Students’ Federation.
- After graduation, he worked as a computer engineer and a network analyst.
- Later, he worked as a realtor in the community of Brampton before eventually being elected as an MPP.
Life as an International student was challenging for Amarjot.
While being an international student.......Read More
PC Deepak Anand is re-elected in Mississauga, Malton
Deepak Anand was first elected as the Member of Provincial Parliament for Mississauga-Malton in 2018, through a grassroots, community-led campaign.
Deepak Anand was heavily involved in the community before being elected. He was the former Director for the Indus Community Services, the former Director for Telecare Brampton, the former Director for the Canadian Federation of Truckers, the former Co-Chair of the Malton Building Community Project, founder of Meaningful Media, and producer and host of Radio Saanjh, a radio show which brought in local charities and offered them free exposure.......Read More
Hardeep Grewal Elected in Brampton East
|Hardeep Grewal has been an active community member within Brampton over the last decade, including working with the Guru Gobind Singh Children Foundation and C-SASIL (Canadian South Asians Supporting Independent Living).
His involvement in provincial politics started at the age of 18, being elected as one of the youngest local riding presidents in the party’s history for Etobicoke North, and later served as the regional director of the Ontario PC Fund.......Read More
PC Nina Tangri is re-elected in Mississauga, Streetsville
Nina Tangri was Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga and was a member of the ErinOak Kids Cabinet, Ontario's largest treatment centre for disabled children.
She has earned multiple awards, including the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Award, for her dedicated volunteer work, community activism, and support of organisations and clubs across the GTA.
Nina is an entrepreneur and small business owner with over 30 years’ experience in financial management. Until her election to Ontario’s 42nd Parliament, she was the CEO of Tangri Insurance & Financial Group, and President of Tangri-BMT Insurance Brokers......Read More
PC Parm Gill is re-elected in Milton
Parm Gill, is a diligent advocate for public safety and maintaining equality in the community and Ontario.
Parm was appointed to Cabinet in 2021. Prior to his work in public service, Parm was involved in numerous family businesses in the manufacturing and hospitality industries.
Parm studied at the Ivey School of Business at Western University, earning his Master of Business Administration degree.
Throughout his tenure, Parm was a member of many committees including the Standing Committee of Public Safety and National Security, Health, Canadian Heritage, Veterans Affairs, and International Trade.........Read More
Prabmeet Sarkaria (PC) Re-elected in Brampton South |
Prabmeet Sarkaria, Member of Provincial Parliament for Brampton South for the last four years, re-elected again on June 02, election.
- He has also served the people of Ontario as the President of the Treasury Board and Vice Chair of the province’s Future State Modernization Committee.
- He also held the role of Associate Minister of Small Business and Red Tape Reduction, during which time he was named one of the ‘Top 50 most influential Torontonians of 2020’ in Toronto Life magazine.
- Prabmeet worked as a corporate and commercial Associate at Miller Thomson LLP....Read More
NRIs Lost In Election:
NDP chief Jagmeet Singh's brother Gurratan Singh, Sandeep Singh, and Sara Singh lose.
- Ontario Liberal Party, Ms. Harinder Malhi lost.
- Ontario NDP: Sandeep Singh lost.
- Green Party of Ontario: Aneep Dhade
- Ontario NDP: Gurratan Singh (Incumbent)
- Ontario Liberal Party: Jannat Garewal
- Ontario NDP: Sara Singh (Incumbent)
- Ontario Liberal Party: Safdar Hussain
- Ontario Liberal Party: Rimmy Jhajj
- Ontario NDP: Navjit Kaur
- Ontario Party: Manjot Sekhon