- July 17, 2020, Assistant Administrator of USAID
Donald Trump Announces Intent to Nominate Sue Ghosh Stricklett as Assistant Administrator of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Key Administration Posts to head USAID Asia operations
On Friday, July 17, 2020, Donald Trump Announces Intent to Nominate Sue Ghosh Stricklettas as the assistant administrator in charge of USAID's Asia Bureau which is one of the largest official aid agencies in the world, budgeted over $27 billion
Sue Ghosh Stricklett is an attorney in private practice with over twenty-five years of experience and specializing:
- in national security law, in Foreign Corrupt Practices Act compliance, intellectual property licensing and technology transfer US dual-use
- in defense trade control licensing, and sanctions law enforcement.
- She has served as an Asian Policy Advisor to three Presidential campaigns.
- She has also served as legal counsel and policy advisor to several nonprofit advocacy organizations.
Ms. Stricklett hails from Queens, New York.
- She is a graduate of the State University of New York, Buffalo.
- She earned her Doctor of Law – JD from the Columbus School of Law at the Catholic University of America.
Articles by Sue Ghosh Stricklett:
Google v. Oracle: An Expansive Fair Use Defense Deters Investment In Original Content---
By Sue Ghosh Stricklett, January 19, 2020...“If the fair use defense is expanded to include what is otherwise considered commercial plagiarism, there will be a chilling effect on innovators who bear the cost of original content development.”........ Read More
President Trump's India Visit Highlights Bilateral Challenges…..By Sue Ghosh
President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump are scheduled to visit India next week, February 24 – 25, 2020. …..Read More
- Trump's foreign policy agenda has strong support in India
BY SHEKHAR TIWARI AND SUE GHOSH-STRICKLETT, OPINION CONTRIBUTORS - 03/20/17 07:00 PM EDT 15..... Read More
With a budget of over $27 billion, it is one of the largest official aid agencies in the world toadministrate civilian foreign aid and development assistance to other countries. It provides development assistance to developing countries and promotes democracy and gender equality