NRI Vivek Lall General Atomics CEO gets
Lifetime Achievement Award in US
Los Angeles, Oct 03, 2022
NRIpress.club/Ramesh/ A.Gary Singh
NRI Vivek Lall, a General Atomics CEO, is honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award by US President Joe Biden with citation of 'With Grateful Recognition'. Dr.Vivek Lall, Atomics CEO, is serving as US Technical Team Member to NATO Science and Technology
The citation was given to Lall, who has done PhD in Aerospace Engineering from Wichita State University in Kansas, by the AmeriCorps and the Office of the President. AmeriCorps is a part of the US Government. The organisation aims to foster activities that bring Americans closer together to "serve communities."
Dr Lall, is an industry leader and scientific community titan works as Chief Executive at General Atomics. The company is a global leader in the specialised fields of nuclear technology and has developed state-of-the-art Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) like the Predator, Reaper and Guardian drones.
- Dr Vivek Lall, a scientist and a member of the Indian American community, was presented with a lifetime achievement award in Dubai.
- He was presented with the award at the Ritossa Family Summit in recognition of his “outstanding vision, dedication and success".
- Dr Lall is currently the Chief Executive of General Atomics Global Corporation, a diversified technology company based in the United States (US).
- He is a world renowned scientist and has worked previously with Boeing as head of space and defence operations, as Vice President of Lockheed Martin and as CEO and President of Reliance New Ventures.
He is on the board of directors of the US-Japan Business Council and the US-India Business Council.
- Dr Lall is known for playing a key role in enhancing India-US defence trade and instrumental in some of the top deals between the two countries, a media release said.
- He has also been associated with the United Nations as an adviser on Broadband and Cyber Security Challenges within the global community.
About Dr. Vivek Lall Bio
- Vivek Lall, a son of an Indian diplomat, was one of the handfuls of individuals with NRI to have been invited to meet Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the past year during his Washington visit.
- Born in Jakarta,
- Dr Lall studied Mechanical Engineering at Carleton University.
- He pursued master's in Aerospace, Aeronautical and Astranautical Engineering at the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, and an MBA from City University of Seattle.
- He was awarded a PhD by the Wichita State University