NRI Neal Mohan is named new CEO of YouTube
Los Angeles, Feb 17, 2023
NRIpress.club/Ramesh/ A.Gary Singh
YouTube Chief Executive and one of the first Google employees, Susan Wojcicki, is stepping down from her role at the tech giant that started in her garage nearly 25 years ago. Wojcicki, 54, will be replaced by her deputy Neal Mohan, a senior advertising and product executive who joined Google in 2008.
About Neal Mohan
- Neal Mohan was born in 1975 in India and later moved with his family to the United States.
- He grew up in the state of Texas and attended Stanford University, where he received his undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering.
- He went on to earn a master's degree from the same university.
- Mohan began his career as a technology consultant at Accenture, where he gained experience in the field of technology and management.
- He then joined DoubleClick, an online advertising company, where he worked on broadening the ad network, key ad technology problems, and an advertising exchange.
- In 2007, Mohan joined Google as the Vice President of Product and Strategy for Advertising.
- He played a pivotal role in the development of some of Google's most significant advertising products, such as AdWords, DoubleClick, and Google Analytics.
- Mohan was also instrumental in the development of programmatic advertising, which made it possible to automate the buying and selling of digital ad inventory.
- In 2015, Mohan left Google to join YouTube as its Chief Product Officer. In his role, Mohan has overseen the development of new products and features, including YouTube TV, the company's live TV streaming service.
- Under Mohan's leadership, YouTube has continued to grow and remain at the forefront of the online video industry.
- Mohan is married to Hema Sareen Mohan, who has worked in the non-profit and public welfare sectors for two decades. He married his wife while in New York during hi
After Susan Wojcicki resigned as YouTube's CEO to focus on her health and personal life, Mohan stepped in to fill the gap. Neal Mohan, is now the fourth and current CEO of YouTube.
Neal Mohan's Net Worth
- As of 2023, Neal Mohan's net worth is estimated to be around $150 million. According to some reports,
- Neal Mohan reportedly received a sizable $100 million from Google to deter him from accepting a top position at Twitter.
- His success can be attributed to his innovative ideas and contributions to the development of digital advertising, as well as his leadership in some of the world's most successful technology companies.
- Neal Mohan is a highly respected technology executive who has made significant contributions to the development of the digital advertising industry.
- His leadership has been instrumental in the success of several companies, including Google and YouTube.
Neal Mohan will join a growing list of Indian-origin CEOs at the helm of US-based global giants, including Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen, and Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai.