Partap S. Bajwa President of Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee (PPCC) at Washington
NRIs feel frustrated due to false promises made to them by SAD-BJP government: Bajwa Punjab missed the industrial revolution
Washington, (USA) June 4- Mr.Partap Singh Bajwa President of Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee (PPCC) today said that SAD-BJP government in Punjab has failed to address the problems of NRIs who feel alienated from their home land. He said that NRIs were prepared to invest if conducive environment is provided to them.
Mr.Bajwa who arrived here on an official visit was given warm welcome by about 200 prominent Punjabi Americans at a function hosted by Mr.Jagdev Singh Bajwa and Mr. Bobby Sidhu. The PPCC president was also facilitated a meeting hosted by Mr.Mohinder Singh Gilchian Vce President of Indian National Overseas Congress (INOC) at New York. George Ibrahim President of INOC said that the Punjabi community of New York will also honour Mr.Bajwa on June 8.
While addressing the meetings with NRIs Mr.Bajwa said that Deputy Chief Minister Mr. Sukhbir Singh Badal who claimed to have taken many steps to facilitated NRIs was actually making castles in the air. He said that NRIs were frustrated by policies of SAD-BJP government and they were made false promises of incentives to them. He asked Mr. Sukhbir Badal how much investment by NRIs was made in Punjab during last six years.
Mr.Bajwa said that Punjab has missed the industrial revolution and failed to bring industrial policy to address the needs of new and existing industry. He said that the new industrial policy announced by Deputy Chief Minister Mr.Sukhbir Singh Badal had not brought any special incentives to promote investment by NRIs in the industrial sector. There is hardly any power to meet the demand of existing industry. The input cost of industry has inflated due to high taxes on raw material and high power tariff. He said that implementing new policy would need big land pool and it would take years to build it up.
Mr.Bajwa said that Punjab was an agriculture based state and amazingly there was no agriculture policy and no future planning for crop diversification. He said that land holdings were shrinking. He said that farming community has bleak future due to conversion of agriculture land for real estate and commercial purposes.
He said that Punjab was pushed to 12th place from number one in the last six years of SAD-BJP rule. He said that 70 percent people of Punjab mainly youth was addicted to drugs and the remaining 30 percent would now get addicted to online lottery system announced by this government.
He said that Badal family had grabbed power in Punjab with the slogan. 'Raj Nahi Sewa' but they have failed to give governance and doing service of terrorizing the people. He said that one can see the plight of residents of village Manna in Muktsar district where all inhabitants were booked for opposing booth capturing during Block Samiti and Zila Parishad elections