Joe Biden to nominate NRI Gautam Rana as Slovakian ambassador
Los Angeles, May 26, 2022
NRIpress.club/Ramesh/ A.Gary Singh
Joe Biden US President nominate NRI Gautam Rana as the new US Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Slovakia. Gautam Rana, a career member of the US Senior Foreign Service, with the rank of Counselor, is the fourth Indian American diplomat to be given an ambassadorial job by Biden in the last couple of months.
- Rana is currently Deputy Chief of Mission of the US Embassy in Algeria and was the Charg d'Affaires ad interim there from August 2020 to February 2022.
- Earlier, Rana served as the Deputy Chief of Mission and Charg d'Affaires ad interim at the US Embassy in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Rana was Director for Afghanistan and Pakistan on the National Security Council staff and the Deputy Minister Counselor for Political Affairs at the US Embassy in New Delhi.
- Rana also served as the Special Assistant to the Deputy Secretary of State, Special Assistant to the Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs, and worked in Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and the UAE, the White House release read.
- Rana earned B.A and B.S degrees from the University of Pennsylvania,
- A J.D from the Vanderbilt University School of Law
- M.A degree from the National Defense University.
- In addition to English, he speaks Hindi, Spanish, and Gujarati.