US President Donald Trump Appointed 3 NRIs to key administration post
Rita Baranwal for the post of assistant secretary of Energy (Nuclear Energy)
Aditya Bamzai for Member of the Privacy and Civil Liberties Bimal Patel as the assistant secretary of Treasury
Washington, January 17, 2019
NRIpress.club/Ramesh/ A.Gary Singh
Donald Trump has appointed three NRIs (Non-Resident Indians) to top administration positions, according to the White House official report and sent to the Senate for approval.
Three NRIs are Rita Baranwal for the post of assistant secretary of Energy (Nuclear Energy), Aditya Bamzai for Member of the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board and Bimal Patel as the assistant secretary of Treasury.
Dr. Rita Baranwal will be responsible for the department’s nuclear as assistant secretary of Energy If confirmed by the Senate.
- She is Nuclear Sciencist, Director, Gateway for Accelerated Innovation in Nuclear (GAIN) initiative
- She served as director of the Technology Development and Application at Westinghouse and was a manager in Materials Technology at Bechtel Bettis, where she led research and development in nuclear fuel materials for US naval reactors
- Title Director of Technology Development -Dates Employed Oct 2014 – Aug 2016 ,Employment Duration 1 yr 11 mos, Location Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -Direct a staff of six managers, > 70 engineers and technicians, and leading-edge characterization and hot cell laboratories. Lead game-changing innovation projects to advance nuclear energy industry. Direct subject matter experts in Robotics, Advanced Manufacturing, Nuclear Analysis, Chemical Engineering, and Instrumentation & Controls to support innovation projects...
|Dr. Rita Baranwal, for the post of assistant secretary of Energy (Nuclear Energy)
Title Director, Core Engineering/Nuclear Fuel , Dates Employed Nov 2011 – Sep 2014, Employment Duration 2 yrs 11 months-Directed a staff of six managers, one consulting engineer, and > 140 engineers and technicians. Responsible for revenue of > $55M. Directed planning and execution of flawless, state-of-the-art nuclear reactor core-related products and services to assure safe and efficient nuclear plant operation for Pressurized Water Reactor and US Boiling Water Reactor nuclear fuel custo.
She is MIT gradauate; U of Michigan doctorate; rower; certified scuba diver
Experienced Director of Innovation with a demonstrated history of working in nuclear energy research. Skilled in Innovation, R&D, Disruptive Development, Management, and Diversity & Inclusion.
Strong product management professional with a PhD and MSE in Materials Engineering from University of Michigan and a BSE in Materials Engineering from MIT
||Aditya Bamzai teaches and writes about civil procedure, administrative law, federal courts, national security law and computer crime.
- He joined the University of Virginia School of Law’s faculty as an associate professor in June 2016.
- His work has been published or is forthcoming in the Yale Law Journal, the University of Chicago Law Review, the George Washington University Law Review and the Missouri Law Review, among other journals.
- He has argued cases relating to the separation of powers and national security in the U.S. Supreme Court, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court of Review, D.C. Circuit and other federal courts of appeals.
He served as an attorney-adviser in the Office of Legal Counsel of the U.S. Department of Justice, and as an appellate attorney in both private practice and for the National Security Division of the Department of Justice.
He was a law clerk to Justice Antonin Scalia of the U.S. Supreme Court and to Judge Jeffrey Sutton of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
He is a graduate of Yale University in 2000. He got J.D. from University of Chicago Law School in 2004
|Aditya Bamzai for Member of the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board
On Sept. 13, President Donald Trump has nominated Bimal Patel for a post in the Treasury for Financial Institutions.
Currently he serves as deputy assistant secretary of the Treasury for the Financial Stability Oversight Council.
Patel served for three years as a senior adviser in the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., where he advised on matters including fair lending and banking policy.
Patel served as an adjunct associate professor at Stanford University, teaching an undergraduate course on banking regulation
He joined the Treasury from O’Melveny’s Washington office, where he headed the financial advisory and regulation practice.
|Bimal-Patel as the assistant secretary of Treasury.