NRI Vijaya Gadde, Twitter's head of legal & policy maker
Cried on Elon Musk's acquisition
Los Angeles, April 29, 2022
NRIpress.club/Ramesh/ A.Gary Singh
Elon Musk has finally acquired Twitter after a weekslong saga during which he first became the company's largest shareholder, then offered to buy it outright. The world's richest person secured a deal on Monday, agreeing to buy the social network for $54.20 a share — valuing the firm at roughly $44 billion.
A majority of Americans approve of Elon Musk’s $44 billion buyout of Twitter, according to the results of an upcoming poll obtained by The Post.
Elon Musk's Tweets ... By “free speech”, I simply mean that which matches the law. I am against censorship that goes far beyond the law.
NRI Vijaya Gadde is an American attorney working as the policy, safety lead director and a chief legal officer and general counsel of Twitter. In 2014, she was described by Fortune as the most powerful woman on Twitter's executive team, though she was later joined by Chief Marketing Officer Leslie Berland.
Gadde cried during a meeting Monday discussing the acquisition, Politico reported Tuesday, citing "three people familiar with the meeting."
Twitter's top lawyer and a key voice in decisions such as banning President Donald Trump from the platform became emotional and cried in a meeting with employees discussing Elon Musk's acquisition of the platform on Monday, Politico reported Tuesday.
- She met virtually with employees she supervises in legal and policy to discuss the buy, Politico reported.
- She "acknowledged that there are significant uncertainties about what the company will look like under Musk's leadership," the outlet wrote, citing three people familiar with the meeting.
- They also told the outlet that she said she was proud of the employees, and that they should continue to try to make a positive contribution to the "Any sense that an exodus is building is correct," a former Twitter employee told Insider on Tuesday.
Employees asked about everything from potential layoffs to the reactivation of Trump's Twitter account in an all-hands meeting on Monday, where CEO Parag Agrawal acknowledged that there wasn't a ton of certainty about the platform's future.
Elon Reeve Musk FRS is an entrepreneur, investor, and business magnate.
- He is the founder, CEO, and chief engineer at SpaceX; angel investor, CEO and Product Architect of Tesla, Inc.; founder of The Boring Company; and co-founder of Neuralink and OpenAI.
Even as employees of the social media giant are melting down at the prospect of new ownership,
- a Rasmussen poll set to be released Friday found that 62 percent of adults think Musk’s purchase will make Twitter better.
Musk is very strong on free speech, tweeting on Tuesday that the platform shouldn't moderate anything that isn't against the law.
Politically, Musk has described himself as “half Democrat, half Republican” and “I’m somewhere in the middle, socially liberal and fiscally conservative.”
In 2018, he stated that he was “not a conservative. I’m registered independent [and] politically moderate.
Before the election of Donald Trump as President of the United States, Musk criticized candidate Trump by saying: “I feel a bit stronger than he is probably not the right guy. He doesn’t seem to have the sort of character that reflects well on the United States.”
Following Donald Trump’s inauguration, Musk expressed approval of Trump’s choice of Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State and accepted an invitation to participate in two councils advising President Trump.
Regarding his cooperation with Trump, Musk has subsequently commented: “The more voices of reason that the President hears, the better.”
Sources: https://abtc.ng/is-elon-musk-a-trump-supporter-does-elon-musk-like-trump/....and .. Politico reported.