Serving over 22 millions NRIs worldwide
Most trusted Name in the NRI media
We never stop working for you, NRI PEOPLE- OUR NETWORK
Sanjay Mehrotra,


Japan base NRI allegedly escaped a murder attempt on way to hotel from Kolkata airport


Kolkata, June 22, 2007
Ms. Asha Sharma

NRI Sanjay Mehrotra, 44, a Japan-based businessman arrived at Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport late on Wednesday night with the invitation of Jairam Singh who met him in Japan to bring FDI to pursuing investment proposals relating to a yoga school here.

Mr. Mehrotra told the police, "Jairam Singh had told me to reach the city at the earliest and promised to put me up at The Park Hotel and arrange for meetings. About 1.15 am Thursday, I was received by Jairam’s nephew Pim Ahee, with a big sign “Welcome to Calcutta.”

Mr. Mehrotra met Pim one time with Jairam Singh. Mehrotra was expecting Hotel car but Pim made excuses and brought taxi with him. Mr. Malhotra found one more unknown person was sitting in front seat of the taxi. After 15 minutes taxi ride on VIP Road, the taxi screeched to a halt. I and Pim came out of the taxi to see what happened. When we found nothing wrong, I was entering the taxi, the other unknown person tried to kill me with a knife, slashed at me and Pim started pushing me down"

Mr. Mehrotra's throat was bleeding from a deep cut and he managed to jump out of the taxi, started running on the road for help and reached a taxi stand. The taxi stand people were very helfull and called police. The police rushed me to RG Kar Medical College, where doctors nursed and stitched his knife cuts.

Police said the attack was preplained to kill him

Jairam Singh Yadav had taken a loan from Mehrotra close to Rs 1.15 crore from his company to set up a branch in Japan.and hired people to kill him to avoid to return a loan.

Mr. Mehrotra was graduated from Benaras Hindu University and works with a pet food company in Tokyo, Japan. He is president of the Indian Association in Japan, travelled to Bangkok to link up with a joint delegation of Japanese and Korean officials in Calcutta.