|UPDATE NEWS OF CORONA VIRUS
- Punjab to home quarantine asymptomatic domestic travellers for 14 days
- International travellers will be sent for institutional quarantine for at least 7 days
- May 22: Death toll due to COVID-19 rises to 3,583; number of cases climb to 1,18,447
- Mohali today became the Covid-free district after the discharge of last two patients from the PGI, Chandigarh.
- May 21: India's COVID-19 tally crosses 1.16 lakh; govt says mortality rate less than half of global average
- Limits on air fares set in 7 bands as per flight duration: Aviation Minister
- May 19: India- total of 2,350 Covid19 patients have been cured in the last 24 hours taking the total number of recoveries to close to 40,000 at 39,174.
- London could be 'coronavirus free' by June: Analysis
- May 12: Wuhan ordered all its 11 million residents to be tested for the coronavirus after 6 new cases were found, ending the city's 35-day streak of no new infections
- May 10: Worldwide Coronavirus Cases rose to 4,131,000, Deaths 281,000 and Recovered 1,455,000
- India Death toll due to COVID-19 rose to 2,109 and the number of cases climbed to 62,939
- May 07: India's COVID cases to peak in June-July: AIIMS director
- Coronavirus attack worse than Pearl Harbour, 9/11: Donald Trump
- May 05: India registers biggest spike yet, records over 4,000 new coronavirus cases in 24 hours
- Indian Govt suspends all visas, bars travel by OCI card holders
- UK becomes virus epicentre of Europe; sharp rise in Russia
- May 04: India coronavirus lockdown: Sonia Gandhi offers to pay migrant fares ...Read
- Death toll due to COVID-19 rises to 1,389 in India; number of cases go past 42,800.Number of active COVID-19 cases stood at 29,685
- India on Saturday reported 2,411 new cases and 71 deaths due to coronavirus, taking the total number of active cases to 26,535. So far 1,223 people in India have died due to the virus.
- May 07: India will operate 64 flights to 12 countries for Massive evacuation operation.....Read More
- April 30: India has over 35,000 coronavirus cases including 25,007 active cases and 1147 deaths from the disease,
- India to keep restrictions in big cities under staggered exit from lockdown....Read
- April 29: Covid-19 death toll rises to 1,008 in India; cases near 31,800
- April 28: India's death count stood at 937 and cases touch nearly 30,000. Over 1,500 new infections, 51 deaths recorded in 24 hours
- Delhi, Mumbai among 15 places that account for over 60% of India’s Covid-19 cases
- April 27: The death toll due to COVID-19 crose to 886 and the number of cases climbed to 28,380 in India on Monday, according to the Union Health Ministry.
- April 26; India-Death toll rose to 826 and the number of cases climbed to 26,917. 47 deaths reported within 24 hours.total number of cases include 111 foreign nationals.
- April 25; China to donate additional $30M to WHO following US halt in funding
- India reached 24,506 on Saturday, including foreign nationals, with 18,668 active cases, while the death toll has increased to 775
- April 24; Coronavirus tally reaches 23,077 in India, 718 deaths
- Sunlight, heat and humidity weaken coronavirus: US official
- April23: Oxford University pushing science to the limit in vaccine hunt
- Nearly 3 million New Yorkers have had coronavirus, antibody study suggests
- US Air Force signs deal for COVID-19 oral tests
- April 20: India recorded the biggest single-day spike in the number of cases —1,553 cases in the last 24 hours — taking the number over 17,000. Of the 17,265 cases, 14,715 are active and 2546 are cured. At least 543 deaths have been reported in the country.
- China sends 24 flights with Covid-19 medical supplies, 20 more this week
- April 18: Coronavirus death toll crosses 500, cases climb to 15,712 in India: Health Ministry
- April 17: Reopen the USAy in three phases, based on the severity of the outbreak in each state or region...We are not opening all at once, but one careful step at a time," Trump said.
- India reports 1,007 more infections with 23 deaths; case tally now over 13,500
- -Delhi man hanging from flyover wanted to kill himself, cops save him
- -Delhi registers 67 new Covid-19 cases, capital’s count climbs to 1,707
- April 16: India must need to step up coronavirus testing: Experts - death toll due to coronavirus rose to 414 and the number of cases to 12,380
- Over 40 Indian-Americans die of Covid-19 in US - at least 17 are from Kerala, 10 from Gujarat, four from Punjab, two from Andhra Pradesh and one from Orissa. Majority of them are more than 60 years of age, except for one who was of 21 years of age.
- Modi made it clear that lockdown wouldn’t be lifted in one go on April 14
- 29 million hydroxychloroquine doses bought by US have come from India: Trump
- NRI Company Amneal Pharmaceuticals has pledged to donate 400,000 hydroxychloroquine sulfate tablets to the State of Louisiana to help respond to the COVID-19 health emergency
- On April 08: China on Wednesday refuted a “so-called complaint” sent to the UN Human Rights Council by the International Council of Jurists (ICJ) and All India Bar Association (AIBA) seeking compensation from China for the global spread of Covi
- April03: World Bank approves $1 billion emergency fund for India to tackle coronavirus
- India: Death toll rose to 56, New OVID-19 cases added and climbed to 2,088
- Georgia Gov. Says He Just Found Out People without Symptoms Can Spread Coronavirus
- Over 500 new Covid-19 cases in a day in India; total number crosses 2,500
- April02: India: 328 new cases, 12 deaths in past 24 hours
- Thursday afternoon, over 1,002,500 cases were recorded worldwide of COVID-19, with over 51,300 deaths.It took a little over 4 months -- 130 days -- for cases globally to surpass 500,000. It took only seven days to add the next 500,000 to the count.
- On Wednesday, more than 1,000 people died of the coronavirus in the United States, raising the death toll over 5,000. A week ago the total was less than 1,300.
- April01: Coronavirus-related deaths topped 4,000 in the U.S. on Tuesday night, just one day after reaching the 3,000 mark
- INDIA: COVID-19 cases climbed to 1,637 in the country on Wednesday while the death toll rose to 38. The Centre on Wednesday told the Supreme Court that 250 Indian pilgrims stranded in Qom, Iran, have tested positive for coronavirus and have not been evacuated, while over 500 have already been brought back.
- USA: Coronavirus-related deaths topped 4,000 in the U.S. on Tuesday night, just one day after reaching the 3,000 mark.
- WHITE HOUSE PROJECTS 100K TO 240K CORONAVIRUS DEATHS AS TRUMP TELLS US TO PREPARE FOR 'VERY PAINFUL TWO WEEKS'. China – where the outbreak started – has reported 3,310 virus-related deaths, while over 4,070 have been killed in the U.S......READ
- TRUMP: Coronavirus cases in the U.S. will likely peak “around Easter” as he defended his administration’s decision to extend strict social distancing guidelines through the end of April – suggesting millions of lives could be saved by the measures.If we didn’t do anything, 2.2 million people could have died,As of Monday morning, more than 2,500 people in the U.S. have died, among more than 143,000 cases reported.
- Crude oil tumbled below $20 Sunday, at $19.92 a barrel on Sunday evening evening after President Trump extended COVID-19 social-distancing guidelines to April 30. $20.42 a barrel on Monday
STOCK FUTURES FALL AS SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES EXTENDED
WTI futures for May delivery were down as much as 7.3 percent at $19.92 a barrel on Sunday evening and on track for their lowest close since February 2002 before trimming their losses. $20.42 a barrel on Monday
The contract, which previously traded below $20 during the current downturn but did not close below the level, was lower by 5.1 percent at $20.42 a barrel on Monday
- US Confirmed infections also climbed by nearly 17,000 on Saturday, to a total of more than 121,000 nationwide.
- New York continued to lead the U.S. in both confirmed cases and fatalities, with more than 52,000 people infected and more than 700 dead
- The worldwide case total rose to nearly 650,000 and death toll topped 30,000.
- India: Coronavirus positive cases near 1,000-mark; Centre orders sealing of state, district borders...106 new cases in 24 hours; death toll rises to 25