India will operate 64 flights to 12 countries for Massive evacuation operation
More than 15,000 Indians are expected to return on special Air India flights from 12 countries over the next week.
Los Angeles, May. 07, 2020
NRIpress.club/Ramesh/ A.Gary Singh
- Singapore: From May 7-13, Air India leaves Delhi at 23:15 on Thursday and first flight to return will be from Singapore, due to arrive into Delhi at 11:35 on Friday.
- Flights from the US and UK were due to arrive back on Thursday, but were delayed as Covid-19 tests on crew were not done in time.
In the UAE, India has received 197,000 applications to be repatriated.
- Each flight would carry 200 to 250 passengers.
- The passengers will be expected to pay for their tickets
- The passengers will also be subject to extensive screening when they return, and will then be quarantined for at least 14 days.
According to Indian officials, 10 flights will be operated to the UAE to bring Indians from May 7-13, while 7 will be sent to the US, 7 to Malaysia and 5 to Saudi Arabia, amongst others.
S Jaishanker, Foreign affairs minister has urged Indians abroad to stay in touch with their local embassies