NRI doctor, mother of 5, dies in Houston car crash
Los Angeles, Dec, 13, 2022
NRIpress.club/Ramesh/ A.Gary Singh
NRI doctor Mini Vettical, 52, dancer, and a mother of five children died on the spot after her car was hit by a speeding motorcycle in Houston city of Texas, media reports said.
Mini Vettical, a native of Ramamangalam in Kerala, was on her way home from work when she died in a crash in southeast Houston at around 4 pm on December 7
She was a faculty member at Baylor University and worked primarily at Harris Health clinics.
She is survived by her wonderful husband, Celestine Vettical, and her five beautiful children, Pooja, Eesha, Diya, Dylan, and Aiden. Mini did everything in her power to make their lives as beautiful as imaginable. For 22 years she raised her children to be caring, kind, and selfless, always leading by example. Although her passing left a deep void in the Vettical family, she taught her children to be strong and faithful, just like her.
- Mini was born on the 16th of October 1970, in Kuwait to Aleyamma and Paulose Kunnathu.
- She grew up with her brothers Anil and Sunil Paul.
- She was a doting daughter and sister.
- She would share stories from her childhood of how she loved cooking food for her parents when they came home from work and performing simple acts of love like saving up her gifts to give to her brothers when they came back from boarding school.
- She received her medical degree from the University of Texas and specialized in Internal Medicine.
- Mini taught at the Baylor College of Medicine and dedicated herself to helping patients.
- She took pride in her work of caring for those in need and chose to work in public clinics for medically underserved populations throughout the city of Houston.
- She fulfilled her dream of practicing medicine and helping others until her last day.
Her funeral was held on Monday at Houston’s St Anne Catholic Church.