Serving over 30 millions NRIs worldwide
Most trusted Name in the NRI media
We never stop working for you, NRI PEOPLE- OUR NETWORK

2 Indian Students meet Untimely End due to Suspected
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Los Angeles, Jan 16, 2023 A.Gary Singh

In a heartbreaking incident, the lives of 2 promising  Indian students G Dinesh (22), and Nikesh (21), were abruptly cut their short in their Hartford, Connecticut apartment.  The young men originally from Wanaparthy district, Telangana, and Srikakulam district, Andhra Pradesh, both were studying Masters in Computer Science at University of Sacred heart in Hartford. Their dreams of higher education in the United States were tragically extinguished.

The news reached the family through a somber call from the Connecticut police. According to Dinesh’s uncle, Sainath, the students went to bed after a routine dinner on Saturday night. Concerns arose when attempts by their friends to wake them the next morning proved futile. The police were alerted, and upon arrival, the students were found unresponsive. Despite efforts, they were later pronounced dead at the hospital.

Initial investigations by the authorities pointed towards carbon monoxide poisoning, believed to be a consequence of prolonged heater usage amidst the extreme cold. Dinesh’s father was informed of this possibility by the police. However, the exact cause of death remains speculative pending the results of the post-mortem examination.

The focus now shifts to the arduous task of repatriating the bodies to India. Local MLA Tudi Megha Reddy has pledged swift action to ensure the return of Dinesh's remains to his family in Wanaparthy. Details regarding Nikesh’s family and the arrangements for the repatriation of his body are yet to be clarified.

This heart-wrenching incident serves as a stark reminder of the unforeseen challenges that students face while pursuing education abroad. As the community mourns the loss of these promising lives, questions linger about the safety measures in place for international students, urging authorities to reevaluate and reinforce protocols to prevent such tragedies in the future.

News Sourc :- BNN Breaking