He served as Orange County Republican Party, Deputy Chairman,
City of Anaheim and Republican Convention Delegate. Harry continues
to be deeply involved in community and civic affairs including:
City of Anaheim Audit Committee member; Director, Orange County
Sanitation District; Board Member, Boys and Girls Clubs of Anaheim;
Advisory Board Member, Anaheim Family YMCA; Charity Fundraiser and
Sponsor of children's sports; Anaheim Youth Soccer coach; and supporter
of the arts and arts education
Governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sidhu family
- In 1974, Harry immigrated to the United States with his parents.
They settled as a family in Philadelphia
- He became American Citizen in 1977
- He got a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
from Drexel University
- In 1981, he left the Philadelphia area and moved to California
where he began his professional life as a consulting engineer
at Rockwell International, General Dynamics, and Hughes Aircraft.
- He met Gin and had two wonderful children
- Harry started a thriving business with a single restaurant
and now recognized as a successful California businessman and
franchise sales broker.
- Prior to seeking elected office, he was honored to serve as
Chairman of the City of Anaheim Budget Committee.
- Harry has always been committed to community service and lending
a giving hand in hope and support of others.
Harry has been a long-time, active supporter of numerous Orange
County nonprofit organizations and youth activities.
- In 2000, Sidhu had lost a seat on the Anaheim City Council.
- In 2004, he was elected as Anaheim City Council by 25,000 votes.
His Political Philosophy:
My political philosophy is a simple one. Individual opportunity
and a healthy environment help foster individual achievement. I
have seen this with my own life, and others around me. I believe
that less government is better. Its better for businesses, better
for parents, better for our community. I know that people want to
be free to pursue what's best for them and those goals, creates
a society that is more efficient and productive. We all do better,
when left to our own means. Government should facilitate, not regulate.
ANAHEIM Founded in 1857, the City of Anaheim is one of the nation's
premier municipalities and California's 10th most populous city.
As the oldest city in Orange County, Anaheim covers 50 square miles,
with more than 340,000 residents and 2,050 City employees. The municipal
corporation's annual budget is $1.162 billion. The city boasts world-class
organizations such as the Anaheim Angels, Boeing, CKE Restaurants,
Inc., L-3 Communications, the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, Pacific Sunwear
and The Walt Disney Company. Annually, Anaheim also welcomes millions
of visitors to the city, truly making it where the world comes to
live, work and play