Dr. Amrit Singh delivers Sikh Prayer of wisdom!
at the opening of the Council Meeting for the City of Artesia, California.
Los Angeles, Feb. 13, 2012
Karen/ Gary Singh
On February 13, 2012, Dr. Amrit Singh, MD; FACC recited Sikh Prayer of wisdom from Gurbani at the opening of the Council Meetingfor the City of Artesia, California.
Dear Lord! Thanks for the day! Thanks for the grace that you have bestowed upon us, and for the fact that you have allowed us to live in this free country on earth.
He started with the opening lines from Japji Sahib and briefly explained the Universal Message from Holy Sikh Scriptures. He prayed for blessings of wisdom to the lawmakers in making meaningful laws for peace and prosperity in the community.
Text of Invocation
Tonight, the Community of Artesia has assembled here asking your blessings for a meaningful dialogue to interact in good faith for a successful meeting and management of this city.
I will invoke God with an inspirational quote from our Scriptures for the code of conduct:
Ik▫oaŉkār saṯ nām karṯā purakẖ nirbẖa▫o nirvair akāl mūraṯ ajūnī saibẖaŉ gur parsāḏ.
One Universal Creator God. The Name Is Truth. Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred. Image Of The Undying, Beyond Birth, Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace ~.
Providing the Universal message that:
- All people should be treated equal irrespective of their caste, color, creed, sex, job or origin.
- Believe in One Almighty God, work hard and share with the needy.
Dear Lord! There is a lot of economic uncertainty, social upheavals, and ongoing wars to uproot terrorism; however, we always come to you for guidance and protection because we all are Your children and recognizing that you are the Super Power that rules in the affairs of this world and Universe seen or unseen.
I pray to the Almighty God, the creator, preserver and destroyer, all in ONE:
- Bless the Council Members and City Staff wisdom to keep faith in the Great Creator, and
- Work hard in making meaningful laws for bringing peace and prosperity in the community.
Grant them wisdom, O’ Lord that they may place service above self interest in carrying out their duties for the benefit of all mankind.
“God bless you all and God bless America”
Dr. Amrit Singh, MD
Dr. Amrit Singh, MD, FACC
- Dr. Amrit Singh is an interventional Cardiologist practicing in Long Beach.
- He did his MBBS from Govt. Medical College Patiala, Punjabi University, Punjab, India.
- He had been an honors student throughout. He had represented his college in debates at all India level.
- He did his post graduation in Internal Medicine and in Cardiology from UCI Irvine, Loma Linda University and LAC- USC Medical Center.
- He is a consultant in the local area hospitals.
- Dr. Singh is an active member of the Sikh Society in Southern California.
- He represented Indian Community during LA Bicentennial Celebrations in a half an hour television Interview on NBC in 1978 during American Hostage Crisis by Iran and cleared the air that American Sikhs are not terrorists.
- He has also given lectures on Sikhism in Various California Universities in LA and OC.
- He always volunteers to help the citizens in the time of need.
- He is strong believer in exercise and plays various sports like tennis, swimming, football, volleyball and has won Gold medal for completing the LA marathon.