March 01, 2014
- MANISH SISODIA - By profession Manish Sisodia is a journalist who had worked on various positions for a long time in Television and Radio and has now got involved in movement for social awareness on full time basis. He has played an active role in the campaign for Swaraj, campaign for Right to information Act and Jan Lokpal campaign. He has fought a long battle for Jan Lokpal campaign and sat on a fast for ten days in July of 2012.
- GOPAL RAI - Gopal Rai is associated with Student’s movement and for a long time with All India Students Association. After resigning from A.I.S.A he was associated with Indian Students Union as its President. Right from the very beginning he was working for Janlokpal movement. For this Gopal Rai sat on a fast in July 2012 for ten days.
- PRASHANT BHUSHAN - He is lawyer by profession and his image is that of a crusader for social causes. He has given voice to exploited section of society through his Public Interest Litigations (PIL) and exposed the corrupt. He has expertise in PIL related to issues of Human Rights, Environment and Accountability of Government servants. He is associated with Jan Lokpal movement right from the very beginning.
- SANJAY SINGH - Sanjay Singh is getting associated with social welfare programme like, cleaning of rivers, taking care of destitute patients in the hospital, providing shelters for the homeless etc.. As president of Independent Social welfare society he has been active in providing assistance to the people affected by natural calamities. Sanjay Singh has fought for the right of the students to the right of the people living in slums. He is associated with Jan Lokpal movement right from the very beginning.
- PANKAJ GUPTA - As professional engineer Pankaj Gupta after having worked for twenty five years on various senior positions in software companies resigned and took up active social work. He began to teach children from economically backward section of society. Pankaj Gupta is associated with Janlokpal movement on a full time basis.
- Dr. Kumar Vishwas - He is a well-known poet. He has recited his poetry both in India and abroad. Through his poetry he is known as one of the most popular poets of the country. Kumar Vishwas is very popular amongst the youth. He makes some bold and scathing remarks on the social issue through the medium of his poetry. He is associated with the Janlokpal movement right from the very beginning.
- NAVEEN JAIHIND - He is involved in social service work. He had started the movement for Right to Information Act and campaigned for Swaraj in Haryana. He has been organising Blood donation camps and camps for donation of body organs. Under the name “Jaihind” he formed an organisation of students on 15th. August 2006. Navin has been associated with Janlokpal movement right from the very beginning.
- DINESH WAGHELA - Active in both social and spiritual works Dinesh Waghela had participated in J.P. Narayan movement and Navnirman movement. Fighting corruption as a worker of Right to Information Act he got involved actively with the Janlokpal movement, providing meaningful support.
- YOGENDRA YADAV - Yogendra Yadav is a well-known social scientist and Political analyst of the country. He is the Senior Fellow of the Centre for the Study of Developing Societies. Yogendra Yadav is also associated with many National and International forums. For rolling out law for Right to Education, Yogendra Yadav was made a member of National Advisory Council in the year 2010.
- PROFESSOR AJIT JHA - He is professor in Delhi University. Professor Jha, associated with “Lok Rajniti Manch”, has been working on the “Panchayati Raj” system for a long time. He is also associated with “Samajwadi Jan Parishad”, a political party.
- CHRISTINA SAMY - She is active in Karur district of Tamil Nadu where Kristina had successfully galvanised people from Tamil Nadu against the sand mafia. She also floated a women’s political party under the name “Women’s Front” (Tamil Nadu). This party fought elections for Parliament, state legislature and Panchayats. Women’s Front was quiet successful in Panchayati elections.
- Professor Anand Kumar - He is professor of sociology in Jawaharlal University. He has taught in many Universities all over the world besides prestigious Universities like JNU and BHU. Professor Anand Kumar is associated with Students movement and have worked on social, political and democratic front.
- SHAZIA ILMI - Shazia Ilmi is a social activist who had begun her career as TV journalist. She has played an active role in Janlokpal movement.
- HABUNG PYANG - He was an Information commissioner in Arunachal Pradesh. He is counted as one of the most strict and adept Information Officer in the country. By passing strict orders against the officers not providing information, he had created quite a stir in the state. Before becoming the Information Commissioner Habung Pyang was actively contributing to social work. Habang Pyang’s contribution has strengthened the Political awareness in North East states.
- YOGESH DHAHIYA - He is a well-known leader of Farmers in the Western Uttar Pradesh. He has been giving voice to the demands of Sugar Cane farmers. Yogesh Dhahiya has fought a long battle, both on the level of land and law, to get just prices for sugar cane to farmers.
- ASHOK AGGARWAL - He is a social worker. For the rights of the exploited Ashok Aggarwal has been filing Public Interest Litigations for issues related to public welfare. For getting free education to children of economically backward section of society and getting medical treatment in government and private hospital he has fought long battles, with success.
- ILLIAS AZMI - He was elected MP, twice from Uttar Pradesh. Illias Azmi was always supportive of our movement and now has again joined politics full time for “AAM AADMI” party.
- SUBHASH WARE - He was the President of “Chatrabharati” for Maharashtra. He has headed many agitations and now decided to work towards changing the politic of the country along with “AAM AADMI” party.
- KRISHNAKANT SEVADA - (Sanjuji) Krishnakant Sevda is from Rajasthan. After completing masters in Law and Commerce he has joined his pet field financial administration with the movement.He is a supporter of not only financial honesty but also of moral honesty.
- MAYANK GANDHI - He is a social worker. He has worked actively with many social and business organisations. Mayank Gandhi has contributed actively in formulating many useful laws like Right to Information for Maharashtra, Law relating to transfer of Government employee, law relating to Nagar Raj Bill. Mayank Gandhi is associated with Janlokpal movement right from the very beginning and has contributed a lot in strengthening the movement in Maharashtra.
- PROFESSOR RAKESH SINHA - He is Ceramic Engineer by profession. After having worked in TATA at Raurkela, he has taught at prestigious institutions like I.I.T. and B.H.U.. Professor Sinha has been founder member of “Samta” organisation. Known as a social and political thinker, Prof. Sinha has edited “Varta” a current affairs magazine.
- PREM SINGH PAHARI - He joined many political parties where he has had bad experiences. He realised that these parties had no agenda for welfare of the country and therefore, he distanced himself from politics. Now he is seeing sentiment of welfare with the AAM AADMI party, which is promising to change the political system of the country, he has decided to re-join politic.