Manish Sisodia was cabinet minister in the Government of Delhi between late December 2013 and February 2014- responsible for education, PWD, urban development, local bodies and land and building.
- He was elected as a Member of the Legislative Assembly in the Delhi state assembly elections, 2013 when he defeated Nakul Bhardwaj, a Bharatiya Janata Party candidate, by 11,478 votes in the Patparganj constituency of East Delhi.
- Manish Sisodia is a journalist who had worked on various positions for a long time in Television and Radio and has now got involved in movement for social awareness on full time basis.
- Manish had played an active role in the campaign for Swaraj, campaign for Right to information Act and Jan Lokpal campaign. He has fought a long battle for Jan Lokpal campaign and sat on a fast for ten days in July of 2012.
- He was a social activist and journalist as well as a member of the National Executive Committee of the Aam Aadmi Party.
Manish Sisodia hold diploma in journalism and worked for Zee News and All India Radio prior to becoming involved in social activism related to the Right to Information.
- In 2006, he had been among those selected to help draft the Right to Information Act of 2005
- Sisodia was a founder of the Public Cause Research Foundation
- He became an early participant in the popular movement of 2011 that sought a Jan Lokpal bill.
- He was involved in drafting the first version of that proposed legislation and was jailed for his involvement in protests
Manish Sisodia became a member of its central working committee in 2012