Aarzu Singh of Gold Coast, Queensland crowned Miss India Australia 2017
Queenslander Aarzu Singh is Miss India Australia 2017
Melbourne, Sep 28, 2017; Aarzu Singh of Gold Coast, Queensland, has been crowned Miss India Australia 2017 in Sydney, an organiser said on Thursday.
Mallika Raj from Canberra was the runner-up.
Aarzu Singh, 20, won the beauty pageant title on the basis of overall performance at official auditions and talent workshops held in Melbourne and Sydney.
The names of the winners were announced at a function at the picturesque Australian Turf Club at the Rosehill Gardens by Sydney-based Bollywood talent mentor and consultant Raj Suri, who launched the beauty pageant in 2003.
Aarzu Singh will represent Australia in the Miss India Worldwide 2017 finals at Royal Albert's Palace Fords, New Jersey, United States, from October 3-8.....IANS
The Gold Coast is a metropolitan region south of Brisbane on Australia’s east coast. It's famed for its long sandy beaches, surfing spots and elaborate system of inland canals and waterways. It’s also home to theme parks such as Dreamworld, Sea World and Wet’n’Wild. Inland, hiking trails crisscross Lamington National Park’s mountain ridges and valleys
- Sydney-based Bollywood talent mentor and consultant Raj Suri, who launched the beauty pageant in 2003
- Sydney based Raj Suri is the founder/director of Karigar Australia. A professional photographer, branding consultant, actor, media/film producer and talent mentor/trainer for over 15 years – shooting celebrities, people, fashion, bridal, fine art and real life documentary in Australia and around the globe – including Mumbai, Dubai, South America, Fiji Islands and South Africa.
- He is former judge/panelist of Australian TV series BOLLYWOOD STAR SBS which was aired nationally in Australia in 2012
- Raj is the founder of The Global Style – launched the fashion/talent hunt in India in 2015 along with India’s iconic fashion designers as patrons. Raj has worked on projects as diverse as international talent grooming, image building workshops, Bollywood talent mentoring, Bollywood film publicity and fashion productions from concept to print. A true creative visionary and diversity campaigner, Raj Suri founded the Miss India Australia missindia.com.au in 2001, with the vision to contribute positively to the multicultural contemporary Australia and beyond. Raj’s Miss India Australia.
- In August 2014, Raj Suri made his debut as an actor in a character role in the feature film SHAB, directed by Onir. Completed acting role in January 2015. The independent Bollywood film will be released on 30 June 2017.
- Raj is the co- producer of the Indian film Chauranga. He is one of the directors of Bollywood Independent Film company – KAHWA Entertainment, based in Mumbai, associated to Karigar (Australia)- which assists in all aspects of film production in India.
- Currently, Raj is making 2 Australian documentaries titled “Bihari Lal Australian Wanderer” (in production) and directing “Finding Time in Monaco”. And collaborating in the new independent films in Australia and India.
Raj Suri is passionate about contributing to the modern global identity – his media creative skills and strong global network brings international perspective to creative visual media