Bio Data of Advocate Sr. Sukhminderpal Singh Grewal
Sr.Sukhminderpal Singh Grewal (Advocate and Numberdar) have been a familiar face and a household name in Punjab especially in rural areas. He is a mellowed social activist and have organized advocacy over a wide array of political, social and economical issues with prudence over national interest first.
Sr.Grewal have been a voice of farmers and farm labourers. He spearheaded the agitation to prevent United States of America to Patent Basmati, Neem and other “Swadeshi Products” and played an important role in blocking their malicious endeavors. He took over the cause of his very own farming community and presented their plight to the Centre Government and was instrumental in MSP hike during NDA regime. He also stood by the farmers over SEZ issue and organized activism over acquisition of fertile agriculture land on the name of Industrialization by the then Congress led Punjab Government hand in glove with “Land Mafia”. He was first to raise the issue of farmer suicides in Punjab and helped the affected families in getting compensation from the Punjab Government. These days, Sr. Grewal have been organizing advocacy over agriculture reforms.
Sr.Grewal has been a youth icon and unfurled the flag of BJP when Punjab was at the peak of terrorism and organized village level meetings to garner support against terrorism. When terrorism was in its last breaths in Punjab, he gauged that Pakistan has conspired to ruin the youth by supplying huge cache of drugs. Considering the malicious intentions of the evil neighbour,
Sr. Grewal, launched a campaign against “Drug Addiction” and planned “Drugs De-addiction Camps” all over Punjab. He further constituted Non Government Organizations and arranged grants to promote sports amongst rural youth to keep them aloof from drugs. He lobbied to commission a Petroleum Refinery in Punjab during NDA regime to generate employment and was the only politician from BJP to take over Congress Chief Minister Capt. Amarinder Singh.
Sr.Grewal is a staunch anti-terrorism activist. He took over Congress Government over construction of memorials of terrorists, lobbied for federal integrated counter-terrorism strategy to deal with terrorism, supported enactment of stringent anti-terrorism law and exposed ignorance of UPA Government over Cyber Terrorism. Sr. Grewal is a firm Nationalist and he is known for his stand against separatists. He was first to expose that UPA Government sold Kashmir peace to remain in power and foremost in announcing that Shri Amarnath Shrine Board Land agitation is a pro- Nationalist and Anti-Separatist agitation. He took over PDP, APHC and NC Leadership for inciting communal tension in Jammu and Kashmir and actively took the cause of Kashmiri Pandits taking refuge in their own country. Sr. Grewal took over the challenge of Congress Leadership on Nuclear Deal by posing several questions, which even today remain unanswered. He went on to dub Nuclear Deal as “Bofors Sequel” and corroborated his stand by citing several statements of National Security Advisor, Congress Government and US Government Leadership.
Bio Data of Advocate Sr. Sukhminderpal Singh Grewal
Born in Village Bhukhari Kalan,Post Office Dnanansu, Tajpur Road, District Ludhiana on 13th October, 1968 to Shmt. Malkeet Kaur Grewal and Late Sd. Kesar Singh Grewal (Masterji), a Teacher and Numberdar of the Village Bhukhari Kalan District Ludhiana.
- Matriculated from Malwa Khalsa High School, Model Gram Ludhiana in March, 1980
- Graduated from Arya College, Ludhiana, Punjab University, Chandigarh, in April 1986
Became Lawyer from D.A.V College, Kanpur of Kanpur University, Uttar Pradesh
- Selected in Air Force, 1984 but couldn’t join due to family problems
- Joined Punjab Mandikaran Board, as a Clerk in 1986 and resigned in 1987
- Serving as Namberdar for Village Bhukhari Kalan, District Ludhiana
- Enrolled as a Lawyer in “The Bar Council of Punjab and Haryana” on 1st Feb 1996
- Serving in District Courts Ludhiana from Chamber No 722 by providing legal aid to poor and downtrodden
- Ventured into Real Estate business in early 90’s
- Later ventured into Petrol Pump Business from Ranwan, Siahar Sahib and Bhamian Kalan
Agriculturist and Diary Farming
- Cultivated 12 acres Land at Village Bhukhari Kalan and 50 Acres Land at Village Chapper Sher, Afganpur, Tehsil Roorkee, District Haridwar.
Political & Social
- Started as ABVP Worker in 1981
- Signed up Primary Membership of Bharatiya Janata Party on 15th October 1992
- Became Active Member of Bharatiya Janata Party on 13th November 1992
- Named Mandal President Bharatiya Janata Party Kisan Morcha in Jan 1996
- Became District President Bharatiya Janata Party Kisan Morcha in Sept 1996
- Milestone: 3-Days National Executive Bharatiya Janata Party Kisan Morcha organized in Ludhiana,Punjab Kusha Bhao Thakre ji, General Secretary, Bharatiya Janata Party inaugurated the Meeting convened by Hukam Dev Narayan Yadav National President, Bharatiya Janata Party Kisan Morcha.
- Named Ludhiana District President BJP Kisan Morcha on 6th November, 1997
- Nominated Punjab State, Secretary, BJP Kisan Morcha in 18th September, 1998
- Nominated Ludhiana District General Secretary BJP in 15th June, 1999
- Named President Punjab State BJP Yuva Morcha in 4th November, 2000
- Designated National Executive Member BJYM in 2002
- Nominated as National Executive Member BJP Kissan Morcha in 20 December 2004
- Punjab State Chief, BJP Investor Cell, 11th July, 2008
- Reading, writing, travelling and cooking
- Internal Security Reforms, Farmers and Farm Labourers upliftment, Unemployment and Youth affairs, International affairs, Upliftment of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, Non Resident Indians Issues and Woman and Child Welfare
Sweden, Norway, Denmark in 1996 and Canada