Kavita Sidhu, Malaysian actress biggest winner at the Malaysia-International Fashion
Malaysian Indian shares top honour at fashion week
Kuala Lumpur, Nov 8, 2010
Malaysian Indian actress-turned-designer Kavita Sidhu has emerged the biggest winner along with Andrews Models founder Andrew Tan at the Malaysia-International Fashion Week (M-IFW'10).
They received the Malaysian International Fashion Alliance (MIFA) Industry Excellence Award 2010 for their contributions to the fashion industry, The Star newspaper, one of the organisers of the show, reported Monday.
Sidhu is a well known name in Malaysia's fashion world. Malaysia is home to 2.1 million ethnic Indians.
M-IFW'10, which concluded Saturday night, is an effort by MIFA to support the professional development of local fashion designers and promote the Malaysian fashion industry.....NRIpress/IANS
NRI Kavita Sidhu (born November 29, 1971)· She is Punjabi, former beauty queen and Malaysian actress. she is over 1.78m in height and very pretty. ·
- In 1990: she won the Miss Charm International title·
- In 1998, she had a lead role in a hit Singaporean police drama called Triple Nine.
- Listed in the Malaysia Book of Records- first Malaysian who won an international beauty pageant title.
- Involved in many television- host and producer of shows.
- Theatre productions: Involved in Fat Girl's Revenge-- staged by The Actors Studio·
- Movie projects: appeared in Malay movies such as Layar Lara, Mimpi Moon and Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam I & II
Kavita was one of the highest paid clotheshorses on the runway, Kavita dsaid, 'I have always wanted to do a talk show. And I want to cover issues that affect people's lives.
In January, 2010, she would start own clothing business including jeans, swim wear and beach outfits.
On Nov. 07, 2010: She was the biggest winner along with Andrews Models founder Andrew Tan at the Malaysia-International Fashion Week (M-IFW'10). M-IFW'10. M-IFW is the biggest fashion event in Malaysia, where popular local designers such as Michael Ong, Bernard Chandran, Farah Khan and Eric Choong were among the 70 Malaysian designers who showcased their designs at the five-day event.