TISHA ENTERTAINMENT INC.
NEEMA DANCE COMPETITION
25th ANNUAL RAS GARBA & DANCE COMPETITION
Saturday, April 7th 2012
Jordan High School Auditorium, Long Beach, CA
NDM BOLLYWOOD DANCE STUDIOS Dictates what Bollywood Dancing is all about with their outstanding performances and their Dominating win of 15 awards.
BabuBhai Patel & Varsha Patel founders of Tisha Entertainment Inc. have done an outstanding job for the past 25 years, bringing all the Dance Organizations and individuals to participate in the Dance Competition. This is the only organization that has brought the community together on an entertainment level and cultural level. It was their vision to keep the culture alive through dances of India.
The Chief Guest of Honor were Mr. Pravin Patel & Family, Bharati Patel, Prakash Patel, & Deepak Patel, from Kola Hotel Group, Inc. There were many sponsors but to relate to the function we had Mala Malani “Sona Chandi” who were the Trophy Donors and did present quality trophies this year.
CLICK FOR BIGGER VIEW
There were several Dance Studios that participated like, NDM Bollywood Dance Studios, Vandana Dance Group, Noopur Dance Academy, Bollywood Dance Step, M.A.D. Bollywood Dance Studios, Shri Kala Dance Academy, Guru Nanak Children Academy, Dhwani Dance Academy, Rangashree Dances of India, GNCA’s Sheran Dee Shaan, Arya Dance Academy, Natraj Dance Academy, Colors of Rhythm Dances “Rangtaal”, Nidhi Dance Group, Revolution Institute of Performing Arts, Shaily Dance Academy, Kerala Association of Los Angeles “KALA”, Simran Dance Group, Hiral Dance Group, Nrityasha Dance Group & KBS Arts.
NDM Bollywood Dance Studios, choreographed by Nakul Dev Mahajan, were outstanding winners of this 25th Annual Ras Garba & Dance Competition. NDM Bollywood Dance Studios without a doubt dominated the Neema Dance Competition 2012……Rocked Once Again. They won a total of 15 Awards in various categories with Six 1st Place Wins.
To name the Six 1st Place awards to NDM Bollywood Dance Studios are:
1. Tiny Tots Group (Purple Class) 1st Place
2. Children Group (Red & Violet Class) 1st Place
3. Junior Solo (Klemen Franco) 1st Place
4. Junior Group (Orange & Green Class) 1st Place
5. Senior Group (White Class) 1st Place
6. Adult Group (Ladies Artesia & Irvine Class) 1st Place
Special Awards to NDM Bollywood Dance Studios are:
7. Best Costume Group (Tiny Tots/Children) Bronze Group
8. Best Costume Solo (Junior/Senior).
Klemen Franco (Atirma Collections).
9. Best Costume Group (Junior/Senior/Adults) Silver Group (Atirma Collections).
10. Best Choreography (Junior/Senior/Adults) – Nakul Dev Mahajan – Silver Group.
Additional 5 awards (below).
OTHER 1ST PLACE WINNERS
Vandana Dance Academy won Three 1st Place Awards
1. Children Folk Dance 1st Place
2. Children Solo Film Dance 1st Place
3. Junior Folk Dance 1st Place
Special Awards to Vandana Dance Acamedy
1. Best Choreography – Tiny Tots & Children Items
Additional 1st Place winners
1. Tiny Tots Folk Dance 1st Place
To: Dhwani Dance Academy
2. Senior Solo Film Dance 1st Place
To: Revolution Institute of Performing Arts
3. Adult Group Folk Dance 1st Place
To: Shri Kala Dance Group
Other Special Awards
1. Best Choreography – Jr. Sr. Adult Solo Item
Awarded to MAD Bollywood Dance
There were several 2nd and 3rd Place Winners as follows:
NDM Bollywood Dance Studios
1. Tiny Tots Group Film Dance 2nd Place
2. Childrens Group Film Dance 2nd Place
3. Junior Solo Film Dance 3rd Place
4. Junior Group Film Dance 3rd Place
5. Senior Group Film Dance 3rd Place
Noopur Dance Academy
1. Tiny Tots Folk Dance 2nd Place
M.A.D. Bollywood Dance Studios
1. Children Solo Film Dance 2nd Place
2. Children Group Film Dance 3rd Place
3. Junior Solo Film Dance 2nd Place
Bollywood Step Dance
1. Junior Group film Dance 2nd Place
2. Senior Solo Film Dance 2nd Place
Natraj Dance Academy
1. Children Folk Dance 2nd Place
Kerala Assoc. of Los Angeles
1. Senior Group Film Dance 2nd Place
As per the guest views, the function was very enjoyable, they loved all the performances especially, NDM Bollywood Dance Studios which stood out with prestige and received the maximum awards in the competition and each item presented was exclusive, covering all age groups.
It was everyone’s observation that the program went on until 2:00 am, and could have been cut down by presenting the committee gifts behind the screen and cutting short on the speeches. Parking was also one of the problems discussed. They also said that Time line is an important aspect for any function and they hoped that all these issues will be addressed next year.