* Ghadar is an Punjabi//Urdu word which means "revolt" or "rebellion."
* Kartar Singh Sarabha, one of the founders of the party, wrote:
- Today there begins 'Ghadar' in foreign lands, but in our country's tongue, a war against the British Raj.
- What is our name? Ghadar.
- What is our work? Ghadar.
- Where will be the Revolution? In India.
- The time will soon come when rifles and blood will take the place of pens and ink." The name of the organization was primarily spelled "Gadar Party" or "Ghadr Party"
The Ghadar Party was an organization founded by Punjabi Indians in USA and CANADA under the leadership of Har Dayal, with Sohan Singh Bhakna as its president.
The movement began with a group of immigrants known as the Hindustani Workers of the Pacific Coast